What's new

Yamaha RXV2200 vs. HTR5490: Same? (1 Viewer)

Cathy

Grip
Besides "cosmetic differences," what are the differences between these two models? They look exactly the same, even with the same remote, but the HTR is 80 x 6 whereas the RXV is 100 X 6. What are the real differences between the RXV and HTR lines?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Nick V

Second Unit
The HTR-5490 is more similar to the RXV-1200. The only differences are that the 1200 has a detachable power cord, and has pre-outs for all channels. Other Yamaha owners can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that those are the only differences.

Also, the differences between the HTR and RXV line are similar to the differences between Onkyo and Integra. The HTR line is at your more typical store ie: Best Buy, Circuit City, or Future Shop here in Canada. They market them to two different client bases. But, I believe that they have the same build quality and components, which would differ slightly from the Onkyo/Integra comparison(I think).

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Also, I believe the HTR-5490 doesn't feature a 12 volt trigger, but the RX-V1200 does. This may not be a big deal if you don't intend to run an external amplifier.

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
Yup, the 5490 is the 1200 equivalent minus the replacable power cord, 12 volt triggert and pre-outs. Otherwise the RXV and HTR lines have the same components, quality, warranty and MSRP.

- Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks