psb image system

class 5
acoustic research hc6 system
cambridge soundworks newton mc300.5 system
anthony gallo acoustics nucleus micro system
paradigm atom system
polk audio rm6600 system
dahlquist system 3

ha! thats it, i am not gonna reveal more about the pdf file. only 5 bucks, just pay if you want to read more about it.

i really want to hear those class 1 speakers. i can only drool at them at this point in my life.

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Hmmn, I'm sure there are better speakers than those Class 1 speakers...Wilson Audio/Wilson Benesch/MBL/Dynaudio Confidence/JM Labs, etc...?

Wonder where my PSB Stratus Goldi's fit in...class 3 or borderline class 2 hopeful perhaps?

ling_w

Second Unit
At least the list doesn't include practically everything stereophile has reviewed.

I presume this is a 5.1 speaker list, since where is the Magnepan MG20.1 speakers? The $12k speaker that HP says is as good as the $120k Alon Grand Reference, which is his reference (which also isn't there.)

ling_w

Second Unit
Larry,

Did you hear HP's version, which went through 2-3 upgrades/modifications because they had some problem with the sound. By then, it was on par with the Magnepan MG20.1.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Felix,
For 85 cents I'll send you a list of my favorite speakers. For another 15 cents I'll throw in my list of favorite cheeses. :)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
well guys, it is not only a list, but about 7 pages ( didnt count it ) of reviews. took me about 15 to 20 minutes to read.

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Just kidding a little Felix.

Absolute Sound and Stereophile are about the only magazines I'd spend any money on. A.S. gave my speakers and two channel amp their Golden Ear award last year. So, I have to appreciate their opinion.

ling_w

Second Unit
FYI, this is a list from The Perfect Vision, not TAS. And this is 5.1 systems. So that is why HP's infactuation of the moment "Alon" and his little tryst on the side "Magnepan" are not there.

Got copies of TAS and TPV in HE2002, and they both had different variations of the recommended list.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
Since HP hasn't heard the VMPS RM40s the list is incomplete.
That magazine hasn't been the same since Tony Cordesman went to the Gulf War. (actually he was only on TV as an "expert")
:thumbsdown:
John Casler

John A. Casler

Second Unit
or maybe that vmps is a last year product?
Felix,

The 2002 speaker list, I'm sure, does not just cover speakers that did not exist until Jan 1 of 2002.

The Absolute Sound has offered this list since the begining of their publication. Obviously since 2002 is not over it also does not cover any new speakers that will come out between now and Dec 31, 2002. Point being, it is not a "calendar year" list. It is a "best of the best" list of what they feel is the superior at the time of the listing.

Generally a listed speaker that is "in production" will stay on the list until it is "out of production" or is supplanted by a better speaker.

Although it is an intersting list, to be sure, it is not representative of the evaluation of "all available" speaker systems.

It only "ranks" speakers which the reviewers have spent time with and all agree deserve a ranking. (with HP making the final determination)

John

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
"Although it is an intersting list, to be sure, it is not representative of the evaluation of "all available" speaker systems. "

is there such a thing? if it is, let me know. i want to read, read, read. this forum made me hungry for speaker information. please dont mention audioreview, i dont think it is reliable.

thx

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
sounds good to me, I have the CDM7NT speaks and am upgrading to the 804s.

I would bet that it is a list of the top speakers that they have reviewed, NOT a list of all the speakers that are available (much different)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks