Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Warner, Thanks For Friends:Season 1

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor

• 929 posts

Posted April 30 2002 - 06:31 PM

Just wanted to express my thanks to Warner on the release of Friends:Season 1 on dvd. It is great to see one of my favorite shows in the correct season-by-season order. I look foward to future seasons of friends and to South Park one day.

#2 of 10 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,378 posts

Posted May 01 2002 - 12:14 AM

Amen to all that you said. I will also say that, while I haven't watched the set yet and can't comment on how good Friends S1 is or isn't, it's gratifying that WB listened to us and put it out, and it was even cooler to see the promise of a S2 set "coming soon" via the trailer on the 4th disc.

Now for South Park, and for many many others as well. I'm still up for season sets of Scooby-Doo, mind you! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 10 Larry Geller

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

• 562 posts

Posted May 01 2002 - 03:59 AM

I think the set is great, however, "brimming with extras"....PUHLEASE!!! Could they BE any shorter??
Mmmm, snout!-Homer Simpson

#4 of 10 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted May 02 2002 - 12:31 AM

I have not received my set yet, but I want to say thank you for simply releasing Friends in a season boxed set. This is the right way to go, and I've showed my appreciation by buying the box. I hope in the future we can see the same with South Park, Babylon 5, V, and others.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#5 of 10 Bingo

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator

• 206 posts

Posted May 02 2002 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for the "Play all" function as well....much appreciated!
Steve Blair

My DVD Collection

#6 of 10 Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter

• 1,621 posts

Posted May 02 2002 - 02:25 AM

I also want to throw in my voice and say thanks for this set. Like everyone else mentioned, hopefully in the future, season sets will reign supreme for other WB series such as South Park, Smallville...

#7 of 10 Larry Gardner

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted May 02 2002 - 07:36 AM

SteveBlair:

Amen, to the Play All feature. I wish all the other studios had this option on their TV DVDs. Having to go back two-three menus just to select the next episode is the worst kind of DVD authoring I've seen.

This is the way that TV DVDs should be done.

As far as 'brimming' with features - remember there is just so much related material to go around. And they have 9 set s to go. They're going to have to spread it out somehow.

I would imagine that Season 9 will be the best of all - since it will be the last set.

Now if we could get Fox to lower the prices on the X-Files TV DVDs.

#8 of 10 John Simon

John Simon

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted May 06 2002 - 03:46 PM

Here's another thanks to Warner! Great job!

However, any chance we could see more features, perhaps something like Fox's The X-Files documentaries that are around 20-30 minutes, featuring retrospectives by the actors, directors, writers, etc.

Thanks again!!!

#9 of 10 LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted May 08 2002 - 09:00 AM

Thanks Warner. I'll buy them as fast as you release them! Thanks for the extra footage too. You've made a great show greater!

#10 of 10 John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted May 09 2002 - 04:45 AM

After watching the first 4 episodes, I need to say : I'm thrilled with Play All - but I wish Chapter stops were included. I don't want to watch the opening credits every time, and it would be nice to at least have a chapter stop at the end of each credit sequence.

That said, it's nice to see the end credits as they were meant to appear, rather than squished on the screen with network ads.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate