What's new

Warner, Thanks For Friends:Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Just wanted to express my thanks to Warner on the release of Friends:Season 1 on dvd. It is great to see one of my favorite shows in the correct season-by-season order. I look foward to future seasons of friends and to South Park one day.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Amen to all that you said. I will also say that, while I haven't watched the set yet and can't comment on how good Friends S1 is or isn't, it's gratifying that WB listened to us and put it out, and it was even cooler to see the promise of a S2 set "coming soon" via the trailer on the 4th disc.
Now for South Park, and for many many others as well. I'm still up for season sets of Scooby-Doo, mind you! :)

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
I think the set is great, however, "brimming with extras"....PUHLEASE!!! Could they BE any shorter??

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I have not received my set yet, but I want to say thank you for simply releasing Friends in a season boxed set. This is the right way to go, and I've showed my appreciation by buying the box. I hope in the future we can see the same with South Park, Babylon 5, V, and others.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I also want to throw in my voice and say thanks for this set. Like everyone else mentioned, hopefully in the future, season sets will reign supreme for other WB series such as South Park, Smallville...

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
SteveBlair:

Amen, to the Play All feature. I wish all the other studios had this option on their TV DVDs. Having to go back two-three menus just to select the next episode is the worst kind of DVD authoring I've seen.

This is the way that TV DVDs should be done.

As far as 'brimming' with features - remember there is just so much related material to go around. And they have 9 set s to go. They're going to have to spread it out somehow.

I would imagine that Season 9 will be the best of all - since it will be the last set.

Now if we could get Fox to lower the prices on the X-Files TV DVDs.

John Simon

Second Unit
Here's another thanks to Warner! Great job!

However, any chance we could see more features, perhaps something like Fox's The X-Files documentaries that are around 20-30 minutes, featuring retrospectives by the actors, directors, writers, etc.

Thanks again!!!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Warner. I'll buy them as fast as you release them! Thanks for the extra footage too. You've made a great show greater!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
After watching the first 4 episodes, I need to say : I'm thrilled with Play All - but I wish Chapter stops were included. I don't want to watch the opening credits every time, and it would be nice to at least have a chapter stop at the end of each credit sequence.

That said, it's nice to see the end credits as they were meant to appear, rather than squished on the screen with network ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks