Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Question for Star Wars Episode 1 DVD Owners

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Billy_L

Billy_L

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted March 27 2002 - 06:23 PM

In the Deleted Scenes Documentary on the Episode 1 DVD is there a short clip of a deleted scene that shows Obi-Wan doing a backflip off a wall while he and Qui-Gon are dueling Darth Maul? The reason I'm asking this is because I saw the Episode 1 DVD when it was first released last year and I seem to remember that within the Deleted Scenes Documentary there was a short clip of Obi-Wan doing a backflip off a wall during the duel but just recently I purchased a Episode 1 DVD and that scene is not there anymore.

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Billy_L

Billy_L

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted March 28 2002 - 07:19 AM

yesterday I rented two copies of the Episode 1 DVD and they also did not contain that Obi-Wan Backflip off a wall during the duel deleted scene that I thought I seen when I first saw the Deleted Scenes Documentary, but for some reason I still recall that scene being there when I first viewed the DVD last year.

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter

• 1,051 posts

Posted March 28 2002 - 08:01 AM

I liked Episode One. It was good.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Anne M

Anne M

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted March 28 2002 - 02:25 PM

I think I remember seeing that too, Billy, but I don't believe it was a deleted scene. It may have been part of the documentary, "The Beginning." Have you looked for it in there?

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Billy_L

Billy_L

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted March 28 2002 - 03:48 PM

I watched all the way through the 'Beginning' Documentary on both Episode 1 DVDs and the Obi-Wan backflip scene is not there either.

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter

• 1,044 posts

Posted March 28 2002 - 04:27 PM

It's probably safe to say that the scene isn't on the DVD, at least not in the sections you're looking through. Don't waste your time renting redundant copies of the DVD though, they are all the same. -Tom

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Philip Klein

Philip Klein

Stunt Coordinator

• 81 posts

Posted March 28 2002 - 08:50 PM

I don't see it either and I have a new copy that I just bought, as well as a copy that I bought when the disc came out. Had an accident with the movie disc if anyone is interested, so needed a new one, that's why I got two.
Keep On Tolkien

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,302 posts

Posted March 28 2002 - 10:47 PM

Try the 'Duel of the Fates' video in the preview section. There are some stuntwork scenes in there.
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   AdrianOC

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator

• 223 posts

Posted March 29 2002 - 01:50 AM

I'm pretty sure it can be seen in Duel of the Fates video.
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

My DVD List

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Billy_L

Billy_L

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted March 29 2002 - 11:17 AM

I also watched the Duel of the Fates video and the Obi-Wan backflip off a wall scene is not there either. What I seem to remember about this scene is that it was a very short clip that I thought was in the Deleted Scenes Documentary however I have seen those photos of this scene in the Still Picture Gallery section of the DVD but the photos are production pics, The clip of that scene that I thought I saw was a finished scene with all the Lightsaber effects and sound. The only deleted scene of the Duel in the Deleted Scenes Documentary that I have on my recently purchased Episode 1 DVD is were Darth Maul jumps up and backflips onto a higher catwalk then Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon jump up to the same catwalk were Maul is.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Billy_L

Billy_L

Auditioning

• 12 posts

Posted March 30 2002 - 07:40 PM

-

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 10:44 AM

In the Duel of the Fates music video, a Darth Maul statement can be heard. Something along the lines of "Fear is my Ally, Fear seperates the fearfull from the feared.." I was wondering if this belonged to an extended scene that never made it onto the Deleated scenes part, or was it recorded just for the music video?
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Tom Ryan

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter

• 1,044 posts

Posted March 31 2002 - 10:48 AM

Garrett, it may have originally been part of the movie but if you check the TV spots and run the Darth Maul one, I believe you'll hear the same lines. -Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users