What's new

***Official Men's NCAA Final Four Thread Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Since the final four teams are now set, one of which being my beloved KU Jayhawks, I wonder what thoughts and picks you all have on the final week of March Madness.

The four teams left:

South - Indiana

West - Oklahoma

My pick: Oklahoma

East - Maryland

Midwest - Kansas

My pick: Kansas

National Champs - Kansas

I honestly believe KU has what it takes to win the NC this year. I've had a good feeling about them all season long and I still do.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I had Kansas picked as national champion in my original bracket. Considering this fresh start, I would go this way:
Oklahoma-Maryland
Maryland

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I think Kansas will win it all, in a final against Indiana. I think Indiana will win over Oklahoma on sheer energy, if they manage to stay close enough througout the game.

/Mike

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I hope the Sooners don't win it, as I don't think I could take another ten to twelve months of those stupid OU car flags

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Bitter OSU fan?

Beyond the fact that Indiana can't shoot off the dribble which will be their downfall against Oklahoma, Let's not forget that Oklahoma has played both Kansas and Maryland this year and beaten them both.

Scott_G

Second Unit
I'd be OK with any team except OK winning it all.

Got to pull for MD - ACC team and all.

I grew up 40 miles from IU.

I really like Roy Williams as a coach and I've never been a fan of any teams in OK.

I think whoever wins the MD vs. Ka will will it all.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
O.K., so it's Kansas vs. Maryland and Oklahoma vs. Indiana in the Final Four. Who do you like? My vote is for Kansas vs. Indiana in the title game, with Kansas taking the title. I picked Kansas in my office pool, and I am not about to turn on the Jayhawks now. The sad thing about it, in my opinion, is that the Kansas-Maryland game will be better than any championship game pairing. Just my $0.02. Anyway, I pick Kansas to take the title. The Jayhawks are tough.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have Kansas winning in my bracket, so I'll stick with teh Jayhawks. If IU is missing Coverdale, I do not think they can beat OU. Their freshman point guard looked a little raw against Kent State after Coverdale got hurt.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I'm a Big Ten guy, so I'm hoping for IU. ...Not that I would mind seeing Roy Williams rewarded for his loyalty to KU. Oklahoma reminds me of the Michigan State team from three years ago. They defend like madmen and can dictate tempo. If they could go a few more players deep on the bench, they would be my pick to win it all. I'll probably watch all three games this year. Last year, I lost interest after my Sparties lost and barely caught the end of the finals. This year, the wind was knocked out of me earlier, so I'm ready to watch as a plain old college basketball fan. :)
Regards,

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Maryland
Because
1. I could care less about Indiana and Oklahoma.
2. I actually like Maryland.
3. It's funny to see Roy Williams lose. :p)

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I'm pulling for the terps. Go ACC! Always liked the terps even that funny little coach.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
I am trying to figure out how Indiana keeps winning these games and am having a difficult time. They are getting all the breaks it seems. They are getting super performances from unlikely sources. Are they just the team of destiny this year? Are they destined to win the National Championship for no other reason than...destiny?

I think if Oklahoma and Indiana play 10 times Oklahoma would win 7-8 out of 10 games. But somehow Indiana wins...rather easily.

Does anyone really know how they keep winning these games?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks