What's new

Diva 6.1 Pack or 4.1 Pack? (1 Viewer)

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Well after looking at both of these packs in awe I've been thinking which would be better for me...and my girlfriend why does she have to always be part of the equation? The 6.1 seem to offer a lot more bass and some have said that you can skip the sub because the bass is so good. Personally I'd get a sub anyways. I really want to know if the R3 is a really great rear speaker that sets it by itself from the lower 2.1 model. It's not that I'm cheap or anything but sometimes we get that buyers high that steps up the noch...42 inch no I'll go 65...5.1 receiver no 7.1 works for me...1 dharman no way lets get 4 for each corner.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Brian that for movies subs definately make a big difference. For 2 channel music the 6.1's have great bass and perform well on thier own without a sub. The 2.1 is not really a "cheaper" rear channel speaker, it is a different design, being a direct radiating speaker as opposed to the R3 which is a dipole design, which I believe works better when placed on the side walls . The 2.1 and R3 are both built with the same standards and quality, just a different design. Check out the Diva FAQ if you haven't already, lots of good info .Diva FAQ
My 2 cents

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Joel,

If you can afford it, the 6.1 + sub combo is the best in my opinion. Most people seem to only note the dual 8" woofs on the 6.1's as the advantage. However, the paper/kevlar + phase plugged midrange in the 6.1 is excellent. Don't get me wrong, the 4.1's sound great, but the 6.1's are another level...not just in bass, but in midrange quality. On the 4.1, you've got a dual 5.25" drivers to handle the bass and mids simultaneously. Off loading the mid duty on the 6.1 to a dedicated driver helps out in the clarity and imaging that's worth the price premium imho. That said, the 4.1 still kicks butt for the $$!

s

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
I have not heard the 4.1's and I'm sure they sound great but I do agree with Sean that the midrange driver on the 6.1 is very sweet.

JoelM

Stunt Coordinator
Is it true the 6.1 are not shielded? Are you having problems with it close to you HDTV?

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
6.1s are not shielded but probably won't be a problem with an HD-Ready RPTV. If you're going to place the surround speakers on the side walls then get the R3s; if you're going to place the surrounds on the back walls then get the 2.1s. If you're going to have a 7.1 setup then get both.

I own the 6.1s but if I had to choose between 6.1s and no sub (or cheesy sub) versus 4.1s and a nice sub, I would choose the latter.

--Steve

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Steve is right, no problems with the RPTV. I also didn't have a problem next to my Sony 32" direct view. The drivers on the 6.1 are not shielded:
M8Driver300.jpg

I wouldn't recommend placing your 6.1 so close to your TV anyway, so it almost a moot point :)

Russell W

Agent
Joel,
Thanks for considering the Swan's Diva's. As Sean said the 6.1 package is our best value. The 6.1's are comparable to many of the world class Hi-end speakers that sell for 2-3 times the price. It's true they do perform better in the lower bass range but, they also are the best we offer in mid-range and the sound stage is considerably large than both the 4.1 and 5.1. The 6.5" Kevlar mid-range is very special and makes vocal and instrumental articulation smooth and accurate. However, both the 4.1 and 5.1 are excellent values as well at the price point they represent. They also easily would sell for 2-3 times more if they were on a dealer showroom floor.
The R3's are made specifically for home theater and are our best recommmendation for surround. They do require placement on the side walls adjacent to the listening are to recieve there maximum performance.
The subwoofer issue really is a must. Many Audiophile prefer the natural sound of full range speaker without the use of a subwoofer for listening to music only. You'll find very few people who don't believe a subwoofer is necessary for really good and accurate home theater. While most world class speakers will do extremely well at reproducing bass for drums and lower bass frequencies in music, we know of NONE that reproduce explosions, car crashes, and airplane engines like a quality subwoofer...
I hope this helps. Either Diva decision we believe will be and excellent choice.
Russell Woolfolk
[email protected]
877 543-7500 x 402

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks