Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Robbie Williams Swing Album what does the U.S think

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman

Extra

• 19 posts

Posted February 02 2002 - 09:45 AM

As a Brit I find I thoroughly enjoy Robbie Willams Swing when your winning album. I consider it a tribute to all the original great artists. Do our friends across the pond see it in this way or as a bad copy. And if you haven't given it a listen try it, I find it a passionate well recorded tribute, Mr Bogangles, one for my baby and it was a very good year stand out.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Luis Esp

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted February 02 2002 - 03:02 PM

I really enjoy this cd. You really hear the training he has taken in voice. Favourite track: "Things" especially Julie Sawalha "Go Lv!" I'm hoping the dvd release of his concert at RAH will be released in R1. I would also like to see the full dvd release of his Slane Concert, we've only received the edited version "Where Egos Dare". Thoroughly enjoyed that too.
I'm not nice...people just make that assumption of me.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Kevin J Willis

Kevin J Willis

Stunt Coordinator

• 53 posts

Posted February 02 2002 - 03:16 PM

Actually I believe The Robbie Williams swing album was not released in our our shores (At lease I think it wasn't). Unlike in the UK where he is big, In the states he has only managed to score two hits (Millenium and Angels). His last album sold poorly here.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,619 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 02 2002 - 06:44 PM

Well, considering I haven't heard anything from him since "Ego Has Landed," I don't imagine the U.S. is thinking very much about it at all. But then, I'm fairly isolated from the modern stuff (with exceptions), so I'm not exactly a good sample of American opinion regarding music from the last few years.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted February 02 2002 - 07:13 PM

While driving today I heard a track off that album being played by the university radio station. It was a duet, very well done...Kinda of a bossa-nova beat. What was it called? "Something Stupid" I think. I don't know much about Robbie Williams, but the songs that I've heard I've liked. Including the one I heard today while driving. Retro, but it worked. -JNS

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Luis Esp

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor

• 585 posts

Posted February 02 2002 - 09:27 PM

Something Stupid is the duet with Nicole Kidman. Great video, Nicole does her best Madonna "Erotic" impression.
I'm not nice...people just make that assumption of me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users