What's new

Scorpion season 2 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I know this show always push the credibilty envelope. But, the season 2 opener blew that envelope wide open. Just too much.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. Just one snafu after another, all neatly timed, to continue their by-now tired formula of working against a ticking clock for whatever mission they're undertaking.

Looks like we're going to have another season of longing but unrequited love between Walter and Paige, too. Ugh.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
todd s said:
I know this show always push the credibilty envelope. But, the season 2 opener blew that envelope wide open. Just too much.
Same here, I tried to give this series another chance, but it's too over the top for me. I'm done for good!

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was not bothered so much by the far-fetchedness of the episode. To me the show has always been too implausible. I think it works a little better when the credulity is stretched so far as to make the show almost a spoof, as Monday's episode was; sort of a cross between MacGyver and a Roger Moore Bond film.

I do share everyone's disdain for another season of unrequited love between 2 pairs of characters. Over all, the show is too repetitious to be really compelling. I did enjoy seeing Alana de la Garza, though. :wub:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
David_B_K said:
I was not bothered so much by the far-fetchedness of the episode. To me the show has always been too implausible. I think it works a little better when the credulity is stretched so far as to make the show almost a spoof, as Monday's episode was; sort of a cross between MacGyver and a Roger Moore Bond film.

I do share everyone's disdain for another season of unrequited love between 2 pairs of characters.

I agree. I see the whole premise of the show as being this group of super-geniuses who come up with wacky, implausible solutions that no one else would ever think of. I think the craziness is intentional.

The "kiss cam" from the hospital was funny. :biggrin:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David_B_K said:

I do share everyone's disdain for another season of unrequited love between 2 pairs of characters. Over all, the show is too repetitious to be really compelling. I did enjoy seeing Alana de la Garza, though. :wub:
You won't see her for long on that show. She's on the new Criminal MInds spinoff so she just has two more appearances on Scorpion.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
For me anyway, this show has 'guilty pleasure' written all over it. I almost feel guilty criticizing logical flaws on other television shows while continuing to watch Scorpion. I've completely tossed credibility aside as a reason to watch this show, with the cast and their chemistry being pretty much the sole reason I still view the show.

I probably don't have any business checking out the new Criminal Minds spinoff, but Alana de la Garza's presence will have me tuning in to give the show a chance.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walter Kittel said:
For me anyway, this show has 'guilty pleasure' written all over it. I almost feel guilty criticizing logical flaws on other television shows while continuing to watch Scorpion. I've completely tossed credibility aside as a reason to watch this show, with the cast and their chemistry being pretty much the sole reason I still view the show.

I probably don't have any business checking out the new Criminal Minds spinoff, but Alana de la Garza's presence will have me tuning in to give the show a chance.

- Walter.
I've never watched any Criminal MInds show, but I will this one. :D Also, I think that same show has Gary Sinise in it and I always liked him as an actor.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Also, at the altitude they were at in the balloon. Wouldn't they have needed oxygen right away? I know she got lightheaded...but, at that height they should have passes out way sooner.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Regarding needing oxygen, depends (obviously) on their altitude. Above about 14K they would need oxygen. Of all the improbabilities that stacked up in the show, the one that just had me shaking my head was the idea that Walter's pack would fall from high altitude and land next to Toby and Happy. What were the odds? I guess about the same as the re-vectored satellite heading straight for the weather balloon. :)

- Walter.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I kind of enjoyed the outrageous-ness of the show last year, but the premiere pushed all possibility of any of it happening to beyond laughable extremes.

Last year some, OK, most of the situations were laughable, but they were, if not plausible, within the realm of possibility, sort of.

This episode, from start to finish was just stupid. If that is what they think a premiere should be, I understand why Alana is only contracted for 3 episodes. They all know they're not getting more than that.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
In all fairness, in the season one opener, they DID hard wire a laptop in a moving vehicle to a plane that was in mid take off, so...

Symmetry?

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Yes, it is ironic that a show about a group of people whose talents are based on their super-intelligence always devolves into situations requiring cartoonish physical feats. I may not be much longer for this show.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As I said in my review of the first season box set, the thing that irritates me the most is that they feel the need for a countdown to disaster in EVERY episode. Tonight's show kept up their percentage.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Yep. I'm done. Best of luck to those sticking with it!

I think Netflix has ruined me. First it was reality shows I dumped. Now it's moving on to network shows

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I liked the Cuban episode. I like that the show is getting more far-fetched this season. Reminds me of how on Mission: Impossible Martin Landau could make a mask to look exactly like someone in about half an hour or less, or how the IMF melted all the gold in the vault and drained it through a hole in the floor and recast it as new bars.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I think Toby and his interaction with the other team members is probably my favorite element in the series. Particularly enjoyed his exposure therapy routine with Sylvester in this evening's episode. Also his criticism of Sylvester's obvious observations. "And Walter. We are in Cuba. The Earth is round."

- Walter.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Not to dump on this thread, but I gave up on this after the first season. Over the top and ridiculous is one thing.

But the guy who plays Walter is awful, totally takes me out of any scene he's in, which is just about all of them. It's rare that I dislike somebody that much, but I can't even watch the show because of him.

The rest of the characters are great, but then he shows up. Yuck.... :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks