What's new

DMA now works with Amazon and Microsoft (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
UV intended to do this from the beginning. It's not UV's fault that the content stores want to be their own walled gardens. That's why I won't buy anything from iTunes, Amazon, or anything that's not UV compliant.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
What Joshua said +++^^^^^^^^

UV is still what makes the most sense. It's not a competing format, it's a standard. If they all joined UV, itunes users could still use itunes just like they do now. They just wouldn't be stuck there anymore. It's a GOOD thing for the customer!

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
I buy from both iTunes and UV enabled stores but prefer the UV format to the iTunes walled garden. It's like the hotel California you check in but difficult to check out and go somewhere else. Not good for competition in my opinion.

P

Patrick Donahue

Towergrove said:
I buy from both iTunes and UV enabled stores but prefer the UV format to the iTunes walled garden. It's like the hotel California you check in but difficult to check out and go somewhere else. Not good for competition in my opinion.

I'm the same way, and I was thinking about that today - if, with the new Apple TV and it's app store, a UV provider like Vudu can now be on Apple TV, I can't see why I would choose the iTunes version over the UV version.

The nice thing too with the new Apple TV is you no longer have to keep the apps Apple put in that top row, you can put whatever you want to up there. I plan on replacing the iTunes Movies app with the Vudu one in that top left corner...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks