What's new

The Eiger Sanction (1975) (Blu-ray) Available For Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Dr Griffin said:
Awesome 70s Eastwood action flick! With George Kennedy!

I picked up the UK boxset a few months back for a great price, and The Eiger Sanction looks very good to me. I've heard some complaints about DNR (it is a Universal release after all), but it was certainly the best I've ever seen it look.

One of my favorite Clint flicks...

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
atfree said:
I picked up the UK boxset a few months back for a great price, and The Eiger Sanction looks very good to me. I've heard some complaints about DNR (it is a Universal release after all), but it was certainly the best I've ever seen it look.

One of my favorite Clint flicks...

Yes! Clint hanging off mountainsides in Where Eagles Dare just wasn't enough!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ronald Epstein said:
Okay, I'll order this blindly.
Not to everybody's liking. I've had the UK Blu-ray box set for a while and have never opened it. However, I'll rectify that this week as I'm going to watch The Eiger Sanction followed by Joe Kidd.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
917L+uDsmrL._SX522_.jpg

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Where is this release? Out of stock at Amazon already, and not showing at all on BD at other retailers. BB has it, is it an exclusive?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ It's available at amazon.ca if you really want it now (~US$13). I remember seeing it "on sale" the other day with a bunch of other (older) Eastwood movie BDs.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
It's difficult for me to think about this film as I am now, and not as 13 year old me (when I first saw it). It is filled with 70s majority class chauvinism (it was a long way to look down from up there), and stands as one of the more subdued action films. It's good for the facts that it was shot on different locations, and that the footage was as real as it gets. The shot of Eastwood and Kennedy atop the rock formation still gives me shivers. Not great by any stretch, but to be respected for the realism of the climbing sequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks