What's new

Vudu 4K is Coming! (1 Viewer)

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I wonder if there will be a way to upgrade HDX titles to UHD for a somewhat reduced price (LOL!!)

Also, no way The Lego Movie and Man of Steel were actually finished at 4K.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Lego Movie and Man of Steel would still benefit from being mastered in Dolby Vision which would make a bigger visual difference than the number of pixels.

satam55

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ike
Stephen Brooks said:
I wonder if there will be a way to upgrade HDX titles to UHD for a somewhat reduced price (LOL!!)

Also, no way The Lego Movie and Man of Steel were actually finished at 4K.
I looked it up on IMDB. Both movies were mastered in 2K. So Warner Bros. would have to remaster both movies in 4K.

bruceames

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bruce Ames
Wayne_j said:
The Lego Movie and Man of Steel would still benefit from being mastered in Dolby Vision which would make a bigger visual difference than the number of pixels.

Agreed. People seem to think that UHD is all about a resolution upgrade and that if it's mastered in 2K, then it's not a candidate for UHD. Nothing could be further from truth, since the resolution bump from 2k to 4k probably offers the least noticeable upgrade compared to the other improvements that UHD has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks