What's new

Muscle Beach Party (1964) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=ss_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=ronspressrelease-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00R5TAX9C&asins=B00R5TAX9C&linkId=XKDMMG5ARKKM2NR7&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true</div> <div>

JeffT.

Deceased Member
beachblanketbingo-1.jpg

I suggested a BEACH PARTY bluray collection (as a follow-up-companion to THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION) to Shout! Factory (at least twice over the past year) but (apparently) to no avail.

Perfectly reasonable as Shout!-Scream was already dealing with MGM and of all the pop cultures the 1950s and 1960s specifically are among the most renowned-popular transcending the generations.

Proof positive of the astute adage that you can lead the horse to water but you can't make it drink. I (honestly) don't expect instant gratification in making online requests but in the light of what was being suggested I didn't expect complete apathy and indifference either.

Anyway I am pleased that someone has seized-the-opportunity and look forward to all the films in this enjoyable series to be upgraded to the bluray medium. They certainly got things started with two good ones to be sure! Just in time for the 50th anniversary of BEACH BLANKET BINGO (1965) which was nationally released in April 1965.

Jeff T.

:rolleyes:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
They're asking too much on this one, it should be a set of all the "beach" movies like the one that came out on DVD, only in their proper aspect ratios. I'll pass on it.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
muscle-beach-party-poster-ad-frankie-avalon-annette-funicello-1964.jpg

I (sincerely) concur with the disastisfaction-disappointment expressed but these Beach Party bluray editions are comparable to other "single" title releases from the same period like DIE, MONSTER, DIE (1965) and PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES (1965).

A Beach Party bluray collection was right up the Shout! Factory alley (ie. THE PATTY DUKE SHOW, DOBIE GILLIS) but if the company itself doesn't see this and is not interested then just what are the alternatives?

This is a missed opportunity that is wastefully difficult to reconcile with.

I felt the exact same way about the Jerry Lewis bluray titles and still do. Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment should have handled its own product.

Even Scream Factory single film bluray releases can be on the pricey side. If too expensive for some (or all) then we'll just have to (wisely) shop around.

Jeff T.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
An entire boxset loaded with extra features and new interviews would have been a treat to see. Sadly we no longer have the lovely Ms Funicello but most of the film's players are still with us. It would have been great to include them in a big, shiny "Beach Party" box.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
beachpartylc4.jpg

Somehow I think greatness is going to elude these people.

You have it exactly right my friend. We could have had a real nice BEACH PARTY bluray collection done up handsomely as the VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION with great prints, theatrical trailers, audio commentaries and oncamera interviews.

The way things stand we don't even know whether the VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION will be continued with the loss of a prime element TALES OF TERROR (1962) which may or may not be an indicator of disinterest-abandonment.

Give me those halcyon days anytime!

Jeff T.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks