What's new

Singles (1992) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

43547_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
This film has a great soundtrack to it, why didn't WB included the soundtrack in a digpack. Why is WB so tight when it comes to special features these days, how hard could it be to get a hold of the cast and director Cameron Crowe in for interviews and record an audio commentary. Making a few featurettes like a nice on the making of the film, the soundtrack that sold over a million copies, and why fans still love this film 22/23 years later. Come on WB open that wallet up.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
A review is up at another site and the claim is that the Blu-ray lacks definition, though the reviewer admits it may be inherent to the original photography. I'm wondering if Warner actually lowered the bar for this release or if it is actually true to the original elements?

Edit: And I just found another review that gave the picture quality much higher marks. I look forward to a formal review from HTF!

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Mine is on its way. It is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday.

1992 is a seminal year for me and this film is *the* anchor film for those years of my life.

I would love a feature-rich Blu-ray of this film, but I already know I will be happy to have it with the improved picture and audio.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably spin this on Thursday evening with any luck. Looking forward to a revisit of a film I've always enjoyed. I was a big fan of grunge in the '90s and this film helped to introduce that music to a lot of folks. Great, great soundtrack as was typical of early Cameron Crowe works.

- Walter.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Mark Walker said:
Mine is on its way. It is scheduled to arrive next Tuesday.

1992 is a seminal year for me and this film is *the* anchor film for those years of my life.

I would love a feature-rich Blu-ray of this film, but I already know I will be happy to have it with the improved picture and audio.
Same here. This movie captures a lot of what I loved about the 90's. I'm so glad it is being released on Blu-Ray.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Singles is fantastic on Blu; decent PQ, and definitely better than the regular DVD.

This is a truly great film. Like the Pacific Northwest setting (a place I've always wanted to live, but never have), the soundtrack, and storyline. I myself was a college student in my early 20's when this film was released, so could really relate.

The original CD soundtrack is one of my favorite albums; I got this back in the day, long before actually seeing the film. Great representation of "grunge" & alternative/progressive music that was popular at the time; I was exclusively listening to this music during that era. My two favorite tracks on the original CD are The Screaming Trees' Nearly Lost You (excellent!) and the Smashing Pumpkins' Drown.

IIRC Drown was the first song/single I ever heard by SP (I believe it was on the radio), and that made me a fan of the group. Still can't believe how long Drown is (8+ minutes) - this is definitely one of the longest pop/rock songs ever. In any case, great introduction to SP.....I remember that this song was only available on CD on the Singles soundtrack for years, at least until SP's first "Best of" compilation in 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks