What's new

Mitsubishi WS-65313 Problem (1 Viewer)

chazwel

Auditioning
Real Name
charles
Hello anyone. I a problem with my WS-65313, when I turn it on, it clicks twice then turns off. Right before this started to happen. The picture looked like a negative picture with a rainbow of colors at the top. It was working fine with a good picture before this happened. Any ideas? TIA.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Color wheel sounds like it died.On those sets, once you've changed the bulb for a 2nd time, you can start a "countdown to failure" for the wheel.If you can DIY, they change out in 90 minutes. Then it is, essentially, a new TV again for next two bulbs.DLP projector owners go through the same thing...except, projectors are easier.There are plenty of YouTube videos for this.

chazwel

Auditioning
Real Name
charles
Thanks for the reply. I have never changed the bulb, do you still think it is the color wheel? If so would you know a place to purchase? I trying finding a bulb last night with no luck. Thanks again.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Mitsubishiparts (something like that). The bulbs are cheap. This, however, does not sound like a bulb. But no harm starting there. Any decent appliance repair person can fix one color wheel. I know how to do it(but, I've replaced motors and transmissions in washing machines). If you know anybody that can repair stuff(this is no harder than changing an alternator on a car)...this will be easy.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Hhhmmm. That site doesn't work either. Maybe(I hope not) Mits bailed on providing RPTV bulbs. They only charged $100 till last summer. Then it went to $125.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just realized this is a DVI 1080i set. Before you spend much...I, seriously, would buy a new TV. There are still 60" LG plasma for under $800. You will likely spend half that here. And still may not fix it. I thought this was a newer 3D ready one.

chazwel

Auditioning
Real Name
charles
Again, thanks for the replies. This IS an old set and was working great. I just wanted to know what was wrong and how much it would cost to fix. Looks like a new one is in order.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
this is a crt, not a dlp. sounds like the convergence board...for starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks