What's new

Pork Chop Hill (1959) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Olive is now releasing another Untied Artists film? It seems there is a new deal with Olive and United Artists.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Definite purchase, intense, realistic war film with stirling cast headed by Gregory Peck, with Rip Torn, George Peppard, Woody Strode and Harry Guardino.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Once I bought the Region B Blu-ray, I knew it was only a matter of time before it's released in Region A. :rolleyes:

A great "War" film and I highly recommend its purchase. I just hope Olive has a good presentation of it on this upcoming BD.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw this film when it opened theatrically; was too young to grasp all the ambiguities. Saw it recently in a decent HD transfer and was happy to see that it has held up very well. It's a worthy companion to the other great Milestone war movies: All Quiet on the Western Front and A Walk in the Sun.

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
Yeah, a personal fave, seen as a kid on TV, but left a definite impression, especially one scene, where a soldier -- a bit of a sad sack, ims -- is crawling along in front of some NK machine gun positions. He pulls a pin on a grenade and tries to toss it in, but it bounces off the wood header bar, rolls downslope and nearly kills him. Deep breath; he tries again; and succeeds. No idea why that scene in particular stuck so hard. Would love to see this in the correct AR, and in HD.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
theonemacduff said:
Yeah, a personal fave, seen as a kid on TV, but left a definite impression, especially one scene, where a soldier -- a bit of a sad sack, ims -- is crawling along in front of some NK machine gun positions. He pulls a pin on a grenade and tries to toss it in, but it bounces off the wood header bar, rolls downslope and nearly kills him. Deep breath; he tries again; and succeeds. No idea why that scene in particular stuck so hard. Would love to see this in the correct AR, and in HD.
That part was played by a young Robert Blake.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
618neeSBvRL.jpg

[SIZE= 12px]Starring[/SIZE]
[color=rgb(96, 96, 96); font-family: Helvetica; line-height: 22.5px; font-size: 12px;]GREGORY PECK
GEORGE PEPPARD
RIP TORN
WOODY STRODE
Directed byLEWIS MILESTONE
[color=rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; line-height: normal;]STREET DATE: 01/27/2015YEAR FILMED:[/color] 1959
GENRE: WAR DRAMA
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH
LABEL: OLIVE FILMS
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 97 min
RATING: NR
ASPECT RATIO: 1.85:1; B&W
AUDIO: MONO
SYNOPSIS:As the Korean War rages, efforts being led to recapture Pork Chop Hill are thwarted at every turn. While leading his infantry forward to gain control of the hill, Lieutenant Joe Clemons (Gregory Peck) finds himself standing at a crossroad: with only twenty-five soldiers remaining out of an original one-hundred and thirty-five man unit, he is faced with abandoning the mission (a mission that his superiors are unwilling to concede) or face what may well be certain death.

Pork Chop Hill directed by Lewis Milestone (1962’s Mutiny On The Bounty), co-stars George Peppard (The Carpetbaggers), Rip Torn (Men in Black) and Woody Strode (Once Upon A Time In The West).

BLU-RAY ITEM# OF894
UPC# 887090089401
SRP: $29.95[/color]

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert Crawford said:
Ron,

I highly recommend this title to you. It's an excellent film!
I was going to email and ask you if there was anything you recommended....

....you know all you have to do is tell me -- and it's done.

Just preordered. Thank You!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's one of my favorite "War" films of all-time. You'll recognize several faces in this movie's cast.

Gregory Peck
Harry Guardino
George Peppard
Bob Steele
Norman Fell
Martin Landau
Rip Torn
Gavin McLeod
Woody Strode
Robert Blake
Harry Dean Stanton
James Edwards

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, this film is based on a true story about the battle for Pork Chop Hill during the Korean War.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I first saw it on television on a rainy day during a beach vacation when I was about 15. It really gripped me then, and I continue to have fond memories of my first experience with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks