What's new

Those snowflakes are driving me crazy! (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Does anyone else find this forum's snowflakes infuriating?
Nice idea, but in practice, too visually distracting when trying to read a thread.
Maybe if they were throttled back to about one third of their present frequency .. then they'd be sort of seasonal (as seasonal as snow can be when we're approaching high-temperature mid-Summer!) but at the moment, they're totally aggravating.
Thanks for the thought though ....

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
AnthonyClarke said:
I read in another thread 'change theme' on bottom right. But there appears to be no such option in Windows Firefox.
A toggle 'on-off' would be a great idea.
In Firefox, the Change Theme option is under the list of active users and the "Forum Nav" and "Content I Follow" buttons, but above the bottom banner ad. It's directly to the right of the RSS Feed button. The default is currently HTF-Holidays. The snowflake free option is Home Theater Forum 3.4

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
AnthonyClarke said:
Does anyone else find this forum's snowflakes infuriating?
Nice idea, but in practice, too visually distracting when trying to read a thread.
Maybe if they were throttled back to about one third of their present frequency .. then they'd be sort of seasonal (as seasonal as snow can be when we're approaching high-temperature mid-Summer!) but at the moment, they're totally aggravating.
Thanks for the thought though ....
P.S. I've throttled the frequency back somewhat.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hugely better.
Thanks so much (I suffer from wet macular degeneration in both eyes and though injections are holding it steady, my eyes are abnormally sensitive to lots of things.....)

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
AnthonyClarke said:
I read in another thread 'change theme' on bottom right. But there appears to be no such option in Windows Firefox.
A toggle 'on-off' would be a great idea.
Thanks for this. I just clicked on "change theme" (bottom left on Internet Explorer) to HTF 3.4 and it stopped the friggin' snowflakes, which I find incredibly annoying.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Phew.!!.The "change theme" is finally showing up on FF. Switched to 3.4 version/theme. Much better. Even the 1 flake a minute was annoying as heck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks