What's new

Jean De Florette / Manon of the Spring Blu-ray (Blu-ray Double Feature) Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

114288_front.jpg

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
great !!!!! I am Glad its not coming form Twilight Time that would have been 70.00 for two single BR's

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
From my USA Wholesaler. We retailers get our stock in advance so we can be ready to send out to customers in time for street date

The subtitles are a huge improvement over the old DVD set

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'll definitely get this but DVDBeaver's comparisons shows a huge difference in color between the various versions. I assume (hope) that this more "golden" version is faithful to the original theatrical versions - which I never saw.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I saw the original releases. The golden hues are accurate. The golden rays of the sun in Provence...

These films build inexorably towards an unforgettable climax. Study a Greek tragedy and you'll know what I mean.

Much of the underscore music is adapted from Verdi's The Force of Destiny...gives you an idea.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
Ronald Epstein said:
Jean De Florette ran for about nine months at my local city cinema.It was a huge success. It was also a rare remake that was said to be better than the original French film .It is in my top 15 films of all time list .It is a pity that the original film is not included on the bluray release.Maybe it has been lost forever?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks