What's new

The Knick (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My wife was instantly turned off by the gore in the pilot. I stuck around because it's a period piece set in an era that isn't typically depicted in TV & movies. It's more highbrow quality than entertaining, but I like it all the same.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
If you watch it on VOD, they have those inside the episode things afterwards. I watched it after episode 7 and they talked about how there was a race riot that took place the same way they showed it in the ep. It's cool how they weave historical facts into the drama.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Excellent season finale. I really like the historical medical relevance. When Thack was in the drug treatment facility and was given the new miracle medicine made by Bayer and then the camera pulled back to see the vial labeled Heroin - awesome. They thought it was such a miracle that they named it that - a combination of Hero and in. I didn't think that could be real but the after the show video and a google search confirmed it.Looking back, with the knowledge we have now their ideas on medicine seemed so wacky.The pulling of all of the teeth was nuts too and that doctor really existed and did pull his kids teeth. The funny thing is, he was not completely wrong about infection in the teeth causing issues. He thought it caused psychological issues but it can cause heart issues.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
This show is hitting on all cylinders. I really like the wild west style of research that was happening back in that time frame and on the show.

All the characters are starting to get fleshed out more and the style of filming and the soundtrack really sets the show apart.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
This season is excellent. I loved this past episode. Cleary protects his own and wouldn't be a bad man to have on your side.

Thack wants to save everyone and was close to helping himself with the hypnotist.

Joe S

Second Unit
I just watched the Season 2 finale. Looks like they tried to wrap up a few plot lines, although not completely, and Thackery's fate is sealed. I understand that The Knick may not be renewed for a third season.

Thackery's operation on himself was very bizarre and I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. I liked how they suggested that Barrow has something seriously wrong- cancer from all the x-rays, and the other characters future plans are coming together.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Thack's legacy has been passed on to Bertie, who has now taken to wearing white shoes, just like Thack's. And Barrow, besides having radium poisoning from all the x-rays, has also signed everything over to his paramour. Oops!

The one, palpable "happy" ending is the marriage between those two condom-manufacturing Irish souls.

And Henry gets his Nurse "Ratched" at the end. What a diabolical combination of patricides!

I'm satisfied with this as a series finale.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Joe S said:
I just watched the Season 2 finale. Looks like they tried to wrap up a few plot lines, although not completely, and Thackery's fate is sealed. I understand that The Knick may not be renewed for a third season.

Thackery's operation on himself was very bizarre and I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. I liked how they suggested that Barrow has something seriously wrong- cancer from all the x-rays, and the other characters future plans are coming together.

Ha! Didn't think of the radiation with Barrow.. Thought it might be the mistress poisening him now that she has the purse strings! :)

Seemed like they were saying goodbye, no thrird season.. :(

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Well, Owen signed up for just 2 seasons...plus the quick cut from Bertie's injection to the covered gurney and then to the vacant desk full of Thack's symbols (the knots, etc.) is a good indication.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks