What's new

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (50th Anniversary BD) Pre-Order on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Jordan Newell White
Did Rick Goldschmidt, a friend of mine whom I've only met online and not in person, and who is the official Rankin Bass historian, did he do any work at all on this Blu-ray or is this completely barebones?

Real Name
Jordan Newell White
Got this rather uncompromising email from Rick:

"No....they decided not to get my help. After I asked for $, they never responded to me again. There will be very little to no bonus material for this release and it is a shame. The 50th should have been special to them and it is not."

I decided to give my reply:

"Well, I would like to fill in that dull gap by making my own indie documentary on the making of the special using whatever materials you can provide me. You see, I'm quite good at editing and post production and storytelling, so I'll be able to handle a 50th anniversary documentary. If they can't do it, I'll do it. We'll do it, together, through online collaboration."

I'm going to accomplish an indie documentary of the making of this landmark special because making a documentary and special features from pre-existing elements does not take too much effort from me.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
sampsoninc916 said:
Did Rick Goldschmidt, a friend of mine whom I've only met online and not in person, and who is the official Rankin Bass historian, did he do any work at all on this Blu-ray or is this completely barebones?
Good question, I would hope this release has as many features as possible. I'm hopping that Rick was able or if Dreamworks, who now owns Classic Media used Arthur Rankin Jr. for interviews and such before he passed away earlier this year. It would be nice to see this release be dedicated to him.

Real Name
Jordan Newell White
darkrock17 said:
Good question, I would hope this release has as many features as possible. I'm hopping that Rick was able or if Dreamworks, who now owns Classic Media used Arthur Rankin Jr. for interviews and such before he passed away earlier this year. It would be nice to see this release be dedicated to him.
Hey, didn't you see my last post. I'm going to make an indie documentary about the making of this special because Classic Media and Dreamworks refuse to do so. Then again, after Dreamworks' purchase of Classic Media, they may surprise me and all my work will be trumped by a work they made.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Your documentary will run circles around whatever Dreamworks comes up with. At the rate things keep going by the end of the year every studio will be in the doghouse with me.

Real Name
Jordan Newell White
moviebuff75 said:
Interview me for the doc. I'm good friends with Rick as well, and I know a heck of a lot about this special.
Do you have a webcam, or a camera that can mount on a tripod? If so, maybe you can film yourself talking about the special, then put the files on your computer or Android tablet and then send them to me using this service: www.minbox.com. I have a good Internet connection, I can download the files from you.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Can fans of Rudolph be in the documenatry as well? I'm a big fan of Rankin/Bass as is my mother as she got me into Rudolph and the rest of the R&B Christmas Classics as a child.

Real Name
Jordan Newell White
darkrock17 said:
Can fans of Rudolph be in the documenatry as well? I'm a big fan of Rankin/Bass as is my mother as she got me into Rudolph and the rest of the R&B Christmas Classics as a child.
Yes, fans of Rudolph can be in this documentary. Of course, since I'll be working primarily from home and not going out traveling and interviewing people, it looks like you'll have to film yourselves and send the files to my PM or so via Minbox.com an unlimited file sharing service. Of course, since this is an independent documentary, the best place to distribute this would have to be on online platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, iTunes, etc. They're probably doing the same thing with that documentary about the Atari landfill, by distributing it on an online platform on Xbox. Of course, I'll talk with Rick and he'll work on getting rights clearance.

Real Name
Jordan Newell White
A message from Rick about the indie Rudolph documentary:

"We are already working on our own RUDOLPH documentary. Actually I have a few people putting one together. I started it years ago and DREAMWORKS made a big mistake by not involving me with their 50th release. That is all I can say at this time."

Looks like Rick already has one in the works, but unfortunately, it won't be involved with the 50th anniversary release.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Something tells me after this release and a few other one's after, Dreamworks might give up on the R&B library and if that were to happened and if I was Rick, I'd talk to his widow about obtaining the rights to the R&B library and work with some independent studio as well and in partnership manage the library together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks