Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
848 replies to this topic

#841 of 849 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,099 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:10 PM

POPULAR

They did return to that set one more time in S1 in the Bookworm episode for a scene where Batman and Robin exit the front and Bookworm's henchman Printer's Devil is in disguise and they converse (before he sets off an explosive device) but that's the only other instance of filming at that location.

But you're right about the stock shot because I always notice how when Batman and Robin go up there are two ladies walking by, one in a red coat the other in a white hat they almost bump into and they turn around in surprise. Then in other stock shots that just show a police car in front of the building, these same ladies can be seen again walking at the far right of the shot.
  • Osato, Josh Steinberg and KPmusmag like this

#842 of 849 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,627 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

It was the two ladies that I first noticed too!

#843 of 849 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,420 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted Today, 01:26 AM

Yep, and once in a while you'll see the same shot repeated of them exiting the building and getting back in the Batmobile.

• Osato likes this

#844 of 849 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,898 posts

Posted Today, 08:23 AM

One of the things I have enjoyed about the new blu-rays is seeing all that stock footage of New York in the 60s cleaned up and looking great. Loved the World's Fair footage.

#845 of 849 OFFLINE   KPmusmag

KPmusmag

Second Unit

• 307 posts
  • LocationHenderson, NV

Posted Today, 10:33 AM

One of the things I have enjoyed about the new blu-rays is seeing all that stock footage of New York in the 60s cleaned up and looking great. Loved the World's Fair footage.

Yes, and I love the rear screen stuff, like when Batman and Robin drive through Times Square. It's interesting to read the marquees and see what was at the movies at the time.

#846 of 849 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,099 posts

Posted Today, 10:56 AM

Or conversely how out of date the footage was if the movie was too old for 1966. :)

I noticed for the first time that in the weak S2 Black Widow episode (sorry to those who liked her but Tallulah Bankhead was not who I would have cast for that part, especially given the state of her health at the time) that the establishing shot of Gotham City isn't New York but Boston!

#847 of 849 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,420 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted Today, 11:24 AM

Or conversely how out of date the footage was if the movie was too old for 1966. :)

Yeah, I just watched "Catwoman Goes to College" and the shots of "students" protesting in Chimes Square are laughably old B&W footage of men wearing bowlers and topcoats, etc. Literally looks like sometime in the 1930's.  LOL.

• Tony Bensley likes this

#848 of 849 ONLINE   Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek

Producer

• 3,577 posts

Posted Today, 12:14 PM

Done intentionally, for sure!

Bob Furmanek

www.3dfilmarchive.com

Bubbleweb_edited-1_zpsc986b444.jpg

#849 of 849 OFFLINE   Professor Echo

Professor Echo

Screenwriter

• 1,550 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted Today, 01:18 PM

If anyone has one of the old alternate sets with the sponsor tags and next week previews that they no longer want, I'll gladly take it off your hands and pay for shipping. I can't afford the new release, but would still like to see the show. I know the quality won't be anywhere near as good, but it would still be fun to see it again after all these years. I watched it first run in the 60's as a kid, but haven't seen it much since. Reading about it in this thread really piqued my enthusiasm!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

5 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

MattHR, Nebiroth, BobO'Link