Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dr. Kildaire - Season 3 - Up for Pre-order!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 of 46 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,940 posts

Posted June 21 2014 - 08:34 PM

Be prepared for the wringer in "Why Won't Anybody Listen?" and Claude Rains in one of his last roles.  

#42 of 46 Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,168 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 21 2014 - 08:40 PM

Since my wife started watching, I went back to the beginning and started watching with her from the start. So it may be a while till I get to season 3. We're on season two, part one, disc three at the moment. Just watched the love story episode with Diana Hyland.

My wife, who is a university professor, said the same thing that happened to Diana Hyland in that episode still happens today in academia. When she went in for her job interview at her current university, they asked her if she had plans to have a baby. She knew to say no.

She loves this series as much as I do, but for different reasons.

P.S. How do I change my member title? I can find a way to change everything else, but not my member title, the word above my avatar. Thanks.

#43 of 46 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,940 posts

Posted June 21 2014 - 08:58 PM

I have no idea how that works and why we get those arbitrary designations of "screenwriter" etc.    I did figure out how to change other options.

The show can range from gripping to frivolous (and sometimes distressing) but it is always compelling.   So glad it finally made it to DVD for those like us to discover it for the first time.

#44 of 46 Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,168 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 21 2014 - 09:04 PM

Thanks. I didn't realize it was a standard for everyone with a certain number of posts, etc, if that is indeed what it is.

#45 of 46 Jack P

Jack P

Screenwriter

• 2,940 posts

Posted June 21 2014 - 09:37 PM

On the heels of going through "Naked City" so much, now here in Kildare S3, the year after "Naked City" was cancelled, Paul Burke shows up as the principal guest star.    This was a point I brought up in the "60s cliché" thread that makes this era fun in seeing the star of a now cancelled show turn up in another program right away in a role meant to be totally different from his previous series star role.     Burke this time is a cocky oil executive with a heart condition, quite unlike Detective Adam Flint on all levels!

#46 of 46 Carabimero

Carabimero

Screenwriter

• 1,168 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 21 2014 - 10:16 PM

I got the NAKED CITY set when it was on for $25 simply *because* it was so cheap. Never seen it before, still haven't watched it, but plan to when I catch up with Kildare. I tend to think of character actors based on the first part I ever saw them in that emotionally affected me; for instance Diana Hyland was in THE FUGITIVE and I kept thinking of her FUGITIVE character when watching her in Kildare. Very unfair and something I have to work on to stop doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users