Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#121 of 220 OFFLINE   davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Supporting Actor

• 539 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted August 05 2014 - 09:24 PM

That laserdisc is the international version of the pilot as well. I wanted to see the broadcast version for years but it was never released officially in the US until the Gold Box.

I kept my original home-made VHS recording of the pilot episode around until the Gold Box came out, so I could stop the International version laserdisc before Laura's mom's vision and show the pilot episode version of that scene. I know, I know, but I'm pretty far gone.

• joshEH likes this

#122 of 220 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 06 2014 - 02:41 PM

POPULAR

I'm just coming out of the weaker episodes (following the resolution of Who Killed Laura Palmer?) and I'll make a confession. I like the oft-mocked super strong Nadine story and anything with Richard Tremaine makes me laugh (even Little Nicky and especially the pine weasel incident). Before anyone calls the local laughing academy to have me taken away, I still can't stand the Civil War Ben story or the James/Evelyn story.

• Dale MA, Ethan Riley and davidmatychuk like this

#123 of 220 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,572 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 06 2014 - 07:09 PM

Finally. Came today. Gonna binge watch this weekend. Can't wait. :)
  • TravisR likes this
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#124 of 220 OFFLINE   rkofan87

rkofan87

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 09:05 PM

just received my copy from Amazon UK.   Will probably spin an episode or two tonight.

Initial reaction about the packaging - don't like it.

this

#125 of 220 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,572 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 07 2014 - 01:35 AM

I don't like the packaging either.

#126 of 220 OFFLINE   Dale MA

Dale MA

Supporting Actor

• 965 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 03:41 AM

I'm just coming out of the weaker episodes (following the resolution of Who Killed Laura Palmer?) and I'll make a confession. I like the oft-mocked super strong Nadine story and anything with Richard Tremaine makes me laugh (even Little Nicky and especially the pine weasel incident). Before anyone calls the local laughing academy to have me taken away, I still can't stand the Civil War Ben story or the James/Evelyn story.

I don't understand why the writers thought the James/Evelyn storyline was good enough? To me it is THE weakest storyline in the whole show. Why didn't they bring James' mother in, she had already been established as an alcoholic. Seems like a great way to create some drama and shake up the lives of a fair number of characters (James/Donna/Ed/Nadine).

I don't mind Civil War Ben but it does come out the left field, even for Twin Peaks, why not create some drama with the aftermath of the mill fire or some other shady business dealings?

#127 of 220 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 04:06 AM

Why didn't they bring James' mother in, she had already been established as an alcoholic. Seems like a great way to create some drama and shake up the lives of a fair number of characters (James/Donna/Ed/Nadine).

And they had even established that James' mom is back in town in an earlier episode (when James sees Maddy and gets 'caught' by Donna) so they could have gone with that story.

I don't mind Civil War Ben but it does come out the left field, even for Twin Peaks, why not create some drama with the aftermath of the mill fire or some other shady business dealings?

Maybe I'm revealing too much about myself but I have to give credit to that storyline for giving us Audrey dressed as a Southern belle.

• Dale MA likes this

#128 of 220 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,572 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 07 2014 - 11:43 AM

NOW it's $91.99 at Amazon.com. After I had to wait a week for Target.com to get it to me!! Grrrr...

http://www.amazon.co...m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#129 of 220 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,337 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted August 07 2014 - 04:26 PM

The lip sync is off in episode 4. It could have been the looping on the original print. But then I never had a presentation sharp or big enough to notice before. One of the gifts of HD. I notice this on a lot of shows now that were looped in scenes.

#130 of 220 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,697 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 04:50 PM

The lip sync is off in episode 4. It could have been the looping on the original print. But then I never had a presentation sharp or big enough to notice before. One of the gifts of HD. I notice this on a lot of shows now that were looped in scenes.

I didn't notice that in episode 4.  But I did notice that some shots throughout the series (I'm up to episode 8) are slightly out of focus -- the kind of thing you probably would never notice watching on a 20" CRT in standard definition from an over-the-air signal, but that screams out in HD on a larger screen.  None of it ruined anything for me, but it was kinda fun to notice.

#131 of 220 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts

Posted August 08 2014 - 02:57 PM

POPULAR

This post is slightly off topic but Philadelphia is having some cool David Lynch stuff coming soon. There's an exhibit of his artwork from September to January and the Philadelphia Film Society is having a retrospective of his work in September and October. They're playing a movie each week (Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Inland Empire and Dune all on 35mm) and Lynch will be there for a conversation before Lost Highway. Then the city's annual film festival in October will play Blue Velvet, Wild At Heart, The Straight Story and Mulholland Drive. I've already got my tickets (I know I'm just bragging but give me a break, not a lot of cool stuff happens in Philadelphia :) ).

• Josh Steinberg, ScottDombrowski, Dale MA and 2 others like this

#132 of 220 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,572 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 08 2014 - 05:37 PM

I'm two hours from Philly. Sounds very tempting

#133 of 220 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts

Posted August 09 2014 - 06:20 PM

I watched Fire Walk With Me and it looks spectacular. Nice to not hear the dialogue in the Pink Room sequence anymore. :)

#134 of 220 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 02:53 PM

POPULAR

I know links have been posted previously and I'm sure most fans know that the SNL stuff is missing from this set but for the real obsessive fans only, I've noted all the additions and deletions from the Region One DVD releases.

Special features dropped from the series DVD set:

Saturday Night Live (Monologue, Sketch)

Falling Video

Georgia Coffee Commercials [5 in total]

On Air Promo (Coming April 8, Only One Place, What They're Trying To Say, A Show Like This, If You Miss It, Tape Recorder, Lumber Truck, Next)

Special features dropped from the S1 DVD set:

Episode 7: drops the bumper between the last act and the end credits

Commentaries (episode 1: Duwayne Dunham, episode 2: Frank Byers, episode 3: Tina Rathborne, episode 4: Tim Hunter and Robert Engels, episode 5: Lesli Linka Glatter, episode 6: Caleb Deschanel and Harley Peyton, episode 7: Richard Hoover)

Script Notes (episodes 1 to 7)

Twin Peaks Directory: Season One [the video postcards are ported over though]

Everything is ported over from the S2 DVD set. The loop with the Man From Another Place eating creamed corn isn't ported over from the Fire Walk With Me DVD.

Additions to the Blu-ray from the DVD series set:

discs 1 to 8: Recaps on episodes 1 to 7 and 9 to 28*

Previews on episodes 1, 3 to 6, 8 to 22 and 24 to 26**

disc 1: Easter eggs [press 'Right' from Play All to get highlight one and then all other directions to find the rest of them]: brief interview outtakes with Caleb Deschanel, Duwayne Dunham, Frank Byers, Harley Peyton, Lesli Linka Glatter, Richard Hoover, Robert Engels, Tim Hunter and Tina Rathborne.

disc 2:

episode 7: the "To Be Continued..." graphic has been added back to the end of the episode

special features: Season 1 Image Gallery (Images, Picnic, Ski Trip)

Twin Peaks Sneak Peeks [for episodes 2 to 6]

Promos (See Twin Peaks From The Beginning, Who Am I)

disc 3:

special features: A Slice Of Lynch (Uncut) [25 minutes longer than the DVD version]

Promos (Big Game Promo (Multiple Takes))

Season 2 Image Gallery (Season 2 Images, Albert's Slides)

disc 4:

special features: Deleted Scenes [six from the pilot, one from episode 18, one from episode 27 and one from episode 29]

Outtakes [from the pilot]

disc 5:

special features: The Glastonbury Archives [features from the Season One DVD- (Mark Frost Interview, Learning To Speak In The Red Room, Introduction To David Lynch and 17 Pieces Of Pie)]

Lucy Bumpers (Donut Time 3, Douglas Firs 2, Beautiful Day, Entire Population, Andy And I)

disc 6:

special features: Postcards From The Cast [feature from the Season One DVD]

Promos (Now On Saturdays, Twin Peaks Saturdays)

disc 7:

special features: Cast Interviews [feature from the Season Two DVD]***

Crew Interviews [feature from the Season Two DVD]

disc 8:

episode 28: Lucy's Special Announcement

disc 9:

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

special features: The Missing Pieces: Deleted/Extended Scenes

Archival Interviews (Ray Wise, Sheryl Lee, Moira Kelly, Madchen Amick)

disc 10:

special features: Between Two Worlds

Moving Through Time: Fire Walk With Me Memories

Reflections On The Phenomenon Of Twin Peaks [feature from Fire Walk With Me DVD]

Trailers (US Theatrical Trailer [feature from Fire Walk With Me DVD], International Theatrical Trailer, "The Missing Pieces Teaser")

Fire Walk With Me Photo Gallery

Atmospherics

Credits

Easter eggs: The Bet [press Right from Moving Through Time] and The Fight [press Right from The Bet egg]

* Episode 8 is the longest episode of the series so it probably didn't have a recap

** Episode 7 was the season finale so it didn't have a Preview for the next show, Episode 23 probably didn't have a Preview because the next episode wasn't on for about a month and a half, Episode 27 probably didn't have a Preview because the next episode wasn't for almost two months, Episode 28 didn't have a preview because #'s 28 and 29 aired back to back

*** Now includes the Robin Lively interview segments that were left off of the S2 DVD

To get into the real weird nitpicky stuff, the Spelling Entertainment Inc. logo is still missing from all the episodes so the end credit music fading down is still cut off. And the New Line Cinema logo on the beginning of Fire Walk With Me is now replaced with the MK2 logo.

• Mark Walker, Tino, Josh Steinberg and 4 others like this

#135 of 220 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,697 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 03:08 PM

Travis, thanks for pulling that all together into one list - awesome!

• TravisR likes this

#136 of 220 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,572 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted August 10 2014 - 03:11 PM

Nice job Travis
  • TravisR likes this

#137 of 220 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,313 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 03:12 PM

Sure thing, guys! I know that I'm a big enough nerd that in a year or two or five, I'll be wondering what was or wasn't ported over from the DVDs so hopefully I'll be able to dig this thread up again rather than going through all the discs.

The information might have gotten lost in my lengthy post but there's Easter eggs on discs 1 and 10. Thanks to Dale MA for pointing out the ones on disc 1!

• Mark Walker and Josh Steinberg like this

#138 of 220 OFFLINE   AppleSpider

AppleSpider

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted August 10 2014 - 05:54 PM

The Easter Eggs on Disc 1 of the Blu-ray are all from the Anchor Bay Season 1 release. They were hidden as Easter Eggs on that set. Also one more Easter Egg from the Anchor Bay Season 1 release isn't on the Blu-ray set, but it wasn't really a "Twin Peaks" Easter Egg as much as it was a "Michael J. Anderson" Easter Egg, a clip from "Spector's Rock".

Additions to the Blu-ray from the DVD series set:

disc 1: Easter eggs [press 'Right' from Play All to get highlight one and then all other directions to find the rest of them]: brief interview outtakes with Caleb Deschanel, Duwayne Dunham, Frank Byers, Harley Peyton, Lesli Linka Glatter, Richard Hoover, Robert Engels, Tim Hunter and Tina Rathborne.

• TravisR and davidmatychuk like this

#139 of 220 OFFLINE   davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Supporting Actor

• 539 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted August 10 2014 - 10:30 PM

Travis, thanks for pulling that all together into one list - awesome!

His Twin Peaks scholarship is deserving of the highest Twin Peaks praise, as follows: "Travis and the owls are not what they seem!"

• Josh Steinberg and TravisR like this

#140 of 220 OFFLINE   Mark Walker

Mark Walker

Screenwriter

• 2,614 posts

Posted August 11 2014 - 07:58 AM

I was about to purchase this on Amazon and saw reviews mentioning the lip sync issue on a few episodes and in Fire Walk With Me.

Is this an authorizing issue with the blu-ray, or, as you suggest below, a dubbing issue present when the episode was made?

I don't want to buy this if there is going to be a re-pressing to resolve this *IF* it is an authoring flaw.

I didn't notice that in episode 4.  But I did notice that some shots throughout the series (I'm up to episode 8) are slightly out of focus -- the kind of thing you probably would never notice watching on a 20" CRT in standard definition from an over-the-air signal, but that screams out in HD on a larger screen.  None of it ruined anything for me, but it was kinda fun to notice.

Paramount, please release DRAGONSLAYER on Blu-ray

Dragonslayer_1981HTF_zps4e370848.jpg

Vermithrax Pejorative deserves to be seen in high-def.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users