Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Paramount

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#201 of 218 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,314 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted October 06 2014 - 03:20 PM

The one thing they will never be able to duplicate? The fact that most of the principals on the original series were very young and model beautiful. I almost don't want to see them today. It would be like going to your 25th high school reunion and realizing all your fantasy crushes (and you) got old (and that some of them could probably crush you by sitting on you now). No doubt they'll sprinkle in a new crop of demographically desirable and beautiful young, but who else besides Dale Cooper (and maybe Bob) is essential?

#202 of 218 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,173 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted October 06 2014 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, I'd say Cooper is the only character that has to come back but I imagine that we'll see most of the actors who are able or interested. Not that they're going to come up with a multi-episode Norma storyline but I figure if Peggy Lipton wants to do it, we'll see the character again.

#203 of 218 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,929 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted October 06 2014 - 04:25 PM

guess it wasn't the entire mystery :biggrin:

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#204 of 218 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,040 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted October 06 2014 - 04:41 PM

The one thing they will never be able to duplicate? The fact that most of the principals on the original series were very young and model beautiful. I almost don't want to see them today. It would be like going to your 25th high school reunion and realizing all your fantasy crushes (and you) got old (and that some of them could probably crush you by sitting on you now). No doubt they'll sprinkle in a new crop of demographically desirable and beautiful young, but who else besides Dale Cooper (and maybe Bob) is essential?

Fair warning....don't Google any recent Lara Flynn Boyle images.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#205 of 218 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,929 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted October 06 2014 - 06:14 PM

bob, would have to be replaced, as frank silva passed in 95, maybe Leland's doppelgänger can take his place, what we need Audrey Horne is running the Hotel, Bobby and Shelly got married and Bobby is an upstanding member of the community, James had a motorcycle accident  and died, Annie, is doing fine, or is she? Big Ed is starting to unravel and Nadine  is starting to seem normal.

With the budget and event status that Showtime is going to give this, plus the fact that they don't have to appease the network censors, all bets are off on how weird and great this can get! 

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#206 of 218 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,173 posts

Posted October 06 2014 - 06:39 PM

I don't really like dragging up gossip but I wonder if Frost and Lynch even have any desire to work with Lara Flynn Boyle again.

#207 of 218 OFFLINE   David Rain

David Rain

Screenwriter

• 1,096 posts

Posted October 07 2014 - 02:59 AM

As far as storylines go, I want Cooper to still be possessed by BoB but perhaps he's spent years investigating crimes that he himself committed without knowing it. I'd like to see Audrey running the Horne business after having had an ill-fated (or near fatal) relationship with Cooper.

I hope poor Nadine has gotten a nifty, new eyepatch and that her drape runners are as quiet as a mouse.

There are at least 3 original actors who have passed away. With such a huge original cast it would be easy for the new show to rotate characters in and out as they were needed.

Still Turning the Beat Around at Our Cool New Pad

Retro Remixes

#208 of 218 OFFLINE   Kenneth_C

Kenneth_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 238 posts

Posted October 07 2014 - 09:17 AM

Invoked! I'm glad there's still room on the table for more. I guess I was 2 days ahead of my time, unlike "Twin Peaks", which was 25 years ahead of its time. In fact, they put "25 Years Later" right in there, 25 years ago, then waited 25 years. This compares to nothing else in entertainment history, except maybe that gum you like.

25-years.jpg

#209 of 218 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,629 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted October 07 2014 - 10:30 AM

Or accidentally tune in to the SyFy movie, "Bigfoot". Yikes!

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#210 of 218 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,154 posts

Posted October 07 2014 - 11:02 AM

Cooper's still stuck in the Black Lodge as far as we know. Its the Doppelganger that escaped.

#211 of 218 OFFLINE   davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Second Unit

• 480 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted October 07 2014 - 02:03 PM

I would like every single surviving original cast member of the series and the film to be in the new series. Even both Donnas!

#212 of 218 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,040 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted October 10 2014 - 04:13 PM

bob, would have to be replaced, as frank silva passed in 95, maybe Leland's doppelgänger can take his place, what we need Audrey Horne is running the Hotel, Bobby and Shelly got married and Bobby is an upstanding member of the community, James had a motorcycle accident  and died, Annie, is doing fine, or is she? Big Ed is starting to unravel and Nadine  is starting to seem normal.

Strictly speaking, they could probably reuse footage of Silva, with a digital tweak or two. It's not like BOB is really a "character," per se -- he tends to have other people speak for him, or appears in mirrors or whatever.

His first appearance was pretty much an accident. He just needs to appear as a leering face, or something.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#213 of 218 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,173 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 04:38 AM

Since BOB is a mystical character, they can pretty easily come up with a 'reasonable' explanation for why he looks different. He could have taken on the appearance of another creepy looking guy or we just don't see the reflection of anyone possessed by him.

On an unrelated topic, I saw David Lynch speak about a month ago and during the Q&A, someone asked if he was working on a movie right now and he said he had nothing going on and I was bummed out that a guy who is truly an artistic genius couldn't get funding any more. Fortunately, he was just lying to everyone (though technically, he was planning on doing a TV show rather than a movie so maybe he isn't a liar :)).

#214 of 218 OFFLINE   LeeBob

LeeBob

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 09:13 AM

I have yet to see any official information on the audio sync issue so many have reported.   Was there ever an official confirmation of the issue.  Was there ever a fix?   

Amazon stopped selling the set for awhile and then quietly started up again.  Does this imply that on newer versions of the set, the issue has been fixed?

From reviews, comments etc. it has been unclear if the issue:

• Occurs on some sets but not others.
  • Occurs with some players, but not others

Hoping for the best, I ordered mine last Friday and it is "In transit".     I am looking forward to watching this again - knowing the show is returning sweetens the pot!

Edited by LeeBob, October 13 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#215 of 218 OFFLINE   davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Second Unit

• 480 posts

Posted October 15 2014 - 01:07 AM

POPULAR

Here are some pictures that were taken on October 31st, 1990. My girlfriend maintained her costume as "Laura Palmer (She's Dead, Wrapped In Plastic)" that entire Hallowe'en. I think I'm appropriately "terrifying", and I hope we'll be seeing Bob in 2016, because clearly it can be done. These pictures may also provide perspective for my post here (it's #100) about meeting the late great Frank Silva one year later.

• cafink, Craig Beam and joshEH like this

#216 of 218 OFFLINE   davidmatychuk

davidmatychuk

Second Unit

• 480 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 01:15 AM

Here are some pictures that were taken on October 31st, 1990. My girlfriend maintained her costume as "Laura Palmer (She's Dead, Wrapped In Plastic)" that entire Hallowe'en. I think I'm appropriately "terrifying", and I hope we'll be seeing Bob in 2016, because clearly it can be done. These pictures may also provide perspective for my post here (it's #100) about meeting the late great Frank Silva one year later.

Oct. 15, 2014 scans0004.jpg Oct. 15, 2014 scans0001.jpg

Oct. 15, 2014 scans0006.jpg

The photos posted above vanished from my attachments, so here they are again.

#217 of 218 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,173 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 10:40 AM

The good news keeps getting better- a new Twin Peaks book is coming in late 2015: 

Flatiron Books, a division of Macmillan, will publish The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, an inside look into what has happened to the iconic characters of iconic fictional town since audiences last saw them more than two decades ago.
http://www.hollywood...cebook_20141016
  • Josh Steinberg and davidmatychuk like this

#218 of 218 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,314 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted October 16 2014 - 03:35 PM

This never would have happened if Frost and Lynch didn't own the show and have the leeway to negotiate and promote (and care about their creation) on their own. Another pivotal moment for this show in TV history. Which brings up the question who was the first show creator to have the power to own their own series. Lucy?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users