What's new

The Addams Family (1991) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

42171_large.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Pre-ordered...enjoyed this 23 years ago as much as, if not more than, the 1960's ABC-TV series starring John Astin & Carolyn Jones as Gomez & Morticia Addams...Barry Sonnenfeld did a GREAT job of catching lightning in a bottle in casting this movie!!! :thumbsup:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I saw this at the same time I started watching the classic series in reruns on TBS.
lukejosephchung said:
Pre-ordered...enjoyed this 23 years ago as much as, if not more than, the 1960's ABC-TV series starring John Astin & Carolyn Jones as Gomez & Morticia Addams...Barry Sonnenfeld did a GREAT job of catching lightning in a bottle in casting this movie!!! :thumbsup:
This movie was a great way to introduce the Addams's to a new generation, and at the same time keep the older fans around with nods throught the movie to the classic 1960's series. Why Paramount had never made any special features for any of it's releases, I'd love to know how the whole production went.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
classicmovieguy said:
I thought the sequel, "Addams Family Values", was 100 times more enjoyable, especially Joan Cusack as 'black widow murderess' Debbie.
I thought AFV was a travesty of wasted potential. Wednesday and Pugsley at summer camp and that was the best they could come up with? Having the main antagonist be even crazier than the Addams was a poor choice. I think it works best when ordinary people have to deal with the Addams and how strange and oblivious the Addams are to their own lifestyle they take as normal.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
lukejosephchung said:
This movie is 23 years old? Noooooooooo! :wacko:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if this is just going to be a port-over of the Region B blu-ray that came out last October (with the theatrical trailer as the only extra) or if this will be something a bit more special? Judging by the Amazon price, I suspect it'll just be a clone of the Region B.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I think so. I did want them to hunt down "The Mamushka" deleted song (only the beginning and end made it into the film. Most of that number was cut.)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Ethan Riley said:
I think so. I did want them to hunt down "The Mamushka" deleted song (only the beginning and end made it into the film. Most of that number was cut.)
I didn't know parts of The Mamushka where cut, how long is it suppose to be?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks