Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Addams Family (1991) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Paramount Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,279 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 11:34 AM

42171_large.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,233 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted May 14 2014 - 12:43 PM

Pre-ordered...enjoyed this 23 years ago as much as, if not more than, the 1960's ABC-TV series starring John Astin & Carolyn Jones as Gomez & Morticia Addams...Barry Sonnenfeld did a GREAT job of catching lightning in a bottle in casting this movie!!! :thumbsup:

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:12 PM

I saw this at the same time I started watching the classic series in reruns on TBS. 

Pre-ordered...enjoyed this 23 years ago as much as, if not more than, the 1960's ABC-TV series starring John Astin & Carolyn Jones as Gomez & Morticia Addams...Barry Sonnenfeld did a GREAT job of catching lightning in a bottle in casting this movie!!! :thumbsup:

This movie was a great way to introduce the Addams's to a new generation, and at the same time keep the older fans around with nods throught the movie to the classic 1960's series. Why Paramount had never made any special features for any of it's releases, I'd love to know how the whole production went.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,580 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:30 PM

I think the casting was just incredible for the movie but the plot was weak.  It did make for the most popular pinball machine made, which I have the fortune to own.

• cafink and classicmovieguy like this

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,846 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted May 14 2014 - 04:53 PM

I thought the sequel, "Addams Family Values", was 100 times more enjoyable, especially Joan Cusack as 'black widow murderess' Debbie. 

• Stephen_J_H likes this

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,390 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:06 PM

I want the deleted scenes!

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,580 posts

Posted May 14 2014 - 05:12 PM

I thought the sequel, "Addams Family Values", was 100 times more enjoyable, especially Joan Cusack as 'black widow murderess' Debbie. 

I thought AFV was a travesty of wasted potential.  Wednesday and Pugsley at summer camp and that was the best they could come up with?  Having the main antagonist be even crazier than the Addams was a poor choice.  I think it works best when ordinary people have to deal with the Addams and how strange and oblivious the Addams are to their own lifestyle they take as normal.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,344 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted May 15 2014 - 10:08 AM

This movie is 23 years old?  Noooooooooo!  :wacko:

• cafink and MatthewA like this
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,978 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted May 21 2014 - 09:23 AM

I wonder if this is just going to be a port-over of the Region B blu-ray that came out last October (with the theatrical trailer as the only extra) or if this will be something a bit more special? Judging by the Amazon price, I suspect it'll just be a clone of the Region B.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,390 posts

Posted May 21 2014 - 11:18 AM

I think so. I did want them to hunt down "The Mamushka" deleted song (only the beginning and end made it into the film. Most of that number was cut.)

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   darkrock17

darkrock17

Supporting Actor

• 819 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted May 21 2014 - 01:26 PM

I think so. I did want them to hunt down "The Mamushka" deleted song (only the beginning and end made it into the film. Most of that number was cut.)

I didn't know parts of The Mamushka where cut, how long is it suppose to be?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paramount, Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users