Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

BOB HOPE Classic Comedy Collection - April 29th.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 of 22 OFFLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,592 posts

Posted February 28 2014 - 07:04 PM

[color=#0000cd;]Universal's in the process of restoring the Aldriches. HENRY ALDRICH, EDITOR was shown at Cinecon two years ago and looked excellent.[/color]

[color=#0000cd;]Mike S.[/color]

Great news; thank you Mike!   Hopefully Universal packages these for home video release as well.

Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#22 of 22 OFFLINE   John Morgan

John Morgan

Supporting Actor

• 714 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted March 05 2014 - 05:59 AM

I hope they do some updating of masters for this Bob Hope set. I have most of the earlier Bob Hope releases through  Universal. The old DVD release of THE GHOST BREAKERS was superior to the last one. I don't know if the Uniiversal fire destroyed that master and they went with an even earlier one, but it was disappointing. At least I kept the older one.

For some reason, THE CAT AND THE CANARY had a bit of skips in the transfer. Kind of looked like some films that were from a Pal transfer. I hope that can be corrected. Some of the Hope films that were previously unavailable because of rights issues looked stunning on DVD. 

Universal, in the old days, would remaster a film several times. I remember how much better BUCK PRIVATES looked after the initial laser disc release in various later showings on AMC, etc. 

But Universal is a mixed bag now, and I will hold on to my previous DVDs just in case.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users