Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Superman: The Movie no 35th Anniversary?

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,050 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted February 10 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm kinda hoping for a 30th anniversary release of Supergirl, preferably featuring the international edition and directors cut, fat chance though as studio's are not giving us seamless branching much on blu ray so i'd settle for just the directors cut.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#22 of 25 OFFLINE   Dave MJ

Dave MJ

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 03:51 PM

There's WAY more deleted scenes that have not appeared on home video. The TV cut incorporated some 50 minutes of extra footage. Most of it was crap, like a scene of Mexican villagers splashing around in the water after Superman rerouted the dam. I recall endless shots of Lana pouting in the back of the car. More dialogue in the villains' lair. More with Larry Hagman. More with Otis trying to operate the remote-controlled car. Who knows what else--I haven't seen it since 1983.

Lol, they were Native Americans in the water. There was a whole subplot about what Lois was investigating, which was how the dam had dried up the river the tribe relied on. Hence the happy splashing when they got water. There is some funny dialogue in Lex's lair. There is more of the missile convoy and dialogue with Lex and Co. in the car. There is a bit more on Krypton with the guard sent to arrest Jor-El and more of the destruction. There is a shot (with bad FX) of Superman trying to stop the first missile. There are lots of extra lines of dialogue and scene extensions. Most of that is worthwhile.

There is some  padding added with lengthy shots of young Clark and the football team, then outrunning the car, walking to the Fortress,  Otis walking through Manhattan and being followed by the cops and Lois driving in the desert.

Detailed list here:

http://www.supermanh...released-stuff2

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter

• 1,302 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 03:54 PM

Don't know who you mean by Lana, there is no Lana in STM. 

Lana is the cheerleader that invites young Clark over to Mary Ellen's to play some records. She ultimately leaves with Brad.

#24 of 25 OFFLINE   Dave MJ

Dave MJ

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted February 10 2014 - 03:56 PM

Lana is the cheerleader that invites young Clark over to Mary Ellen's to play some records. She ultimately leaves with Brad.

Oops, you are absolutely correct, I had a senior moment there.

#25 of 25 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 619 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted February 10 2014 - 03:56 PM

deleted

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users