What's new

TV Decision: Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Rajen65

Auditioning
Real Name
Rajen
My sister is moving into a new house so I told her to pick out a TV as a present. She picked the Sharp LC-70LE857U which is the 1080p 3D 240 Hz. Then she told me but if I wanted to get her something else from my research that would be fine too. So herein lies the problem. Is the any other TV I should be looking at? Her main "must haves" were the 3D and the 240Hz and the Smart TV for the WiFi connection. I want to keep it in the 70 inch size and the $3000-$3500 range.

Rajen65

Auditioning
Real Name
Rajen
So do you recommend the plasma in the 65 instead? Do you have a model in mind? She does not want a Vizio had a bad experience with one.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Panasonic is "whatever is left". Samsung makes a 64".Whatever is left in Panny has more to do with how you want to buy. Online, there is plenty. Brick and Mortar, not so much(near me, all Best Buy, HH Gregg and mom and pop are out of everything 50" and bigger) Samsung is still plentiful. Regardless, you have 2-3 Samsung to choose from...if there are no more Panny.The F8500(I think is the model) is the best 3D there is.

bjballar41

Second Unit
Real Name
Brock
ill tell you this i just picked up a led lcd samsung and as the pic is great its def not a plasma ill still be trying to find a used plasma when im ready to upgrade again. and def will be a panny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks