What's new

Wish list for 2014 (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
DOCTOR DOLITTLE-----STAR!----RYANS DAUGHTER-----HAWAII----WIND AND THE LION----THE GREAT RACE-----LOCAL HERO----GOODBYE MR CHIPS----PENNIES FROM HEAVEN-----THE GOODBYE GIRL----FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD-----MISSISSIPPI BURNING----ANGELAS ASHES----MICHAEL COLLINS----TOYS----TWO FOR THE ROAD------SWEET CHARITY----ALWAYS----MUNICH----AMISTAD-----BIG CHILL------LORD JIM-----A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS----ROBIN AND MARION----WITNESS------ORDINARY PEOPLE-----RAGTIME-----CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD----PLAY IT AGAIN SAM---LION IN WINTER-----SHOOT THE MOON--------BIRDY----FAIL-SAFE---------BELOVED---SURVIVING PICASSO----WRESTLING ERNEST HEMINGWAY--------LOVE AND DEATH----CARNEL KNOWLEDGE-----PACIFIC HEIGHTS----WHOS AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF.?---HEAVEN AND EARTH----ALICE DOESNT LIVE HERE ANYMORE.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Not to be too greedy ... and saving some titles for 2015 --
All the Fred and Ginger .. Show Boat -- Local Hero -- Gregory's Girl -- Tom Jones -- most Almodovar movies -- The Band Wagon -- My Fair Lady (new transfer) The Big Country (new transfer without stretched widescreen) -- Borsalino -- For Me and My Gal -- Alexander's Ragtime Band -- The Harvey Girls -- The Pyjama Game -- Kiss Me Kate -- Random Harvest -- The Spider's Strategem -- Burning Life -- The Sheltering Sky -- Pollyanna -- The Parent Trap (Hayley Mills and Lindsay Lohan versions) Anne of Green Gables (Canadian TV version) Brideshead Revisited (new transfer without the bleached colour) Love in a Cold Climate (Judy Dench etc)
And a Blu ray transfer please of the classic German early sound movie 'Der Dreigroschenoper' with Lotte Lenya .. the Criterion DVD was a great job but it deserves full Blu ray treatment. And the Powell/Pressburger masterpiece, 'Tales of Hoffmann'..
Finally, my favourite Eisenstein movies -- Ivan the Terrible I and II, and the wonderful Alexander Nevsky .. what a combination Eisenstein and Prokofiev were!

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Conspiracy (Branagh)Fail-SafeFury (1936)Gun CrazyI Know Where I’m GoingKey Largo
A Matter of Life and DeathMelody (a.k.a. S.W.A.L.K.)Rollerball (1975)Seven Days in MayThe Seventh VictimSwimming Pool (Ozon)AsylumVault of HorrorWait Until Dark blu-rayZ

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Slightly Scarlet (1956)
High Society (1956)
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Three Little Words
Michael Shayne,
The Narrow Margin
The Princess and the Pirate
Around the World in 80 Days
Touchez pas au grisbi
In Harm's Way
The Court Jester
The Sea Wolves
The Three Musketeers (1948)
Lisbon (1956)
Artists & Models
Has Anybody Seen My Gal
Soldier of Fortune
Armored Car Robbery

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Oo I do love lists, just thinking of a few titles where I'd dance a little jig if they were announced:She Wore A yellow RibbonScaramoucheHelen Of TroyLand Of The PharaohsThe VikingsOne-Eyed JacksThe Great RaceLord JimWhat's New PussycatA Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The ForumThe Last Valley (some hope!)Pat Garrett & Billy The KidI'm hoping that the remasters of The Good The Bad & The Ugly & The Wild Bunch look good. And some box sets, another classic monsters set from Universal (plus Sci-Fi & the road movies). I'd like a great looking release from the golden years of Hammer Films (late 50's early 60's), The Mummy has come the closest, but Universal & Sony could put out some great looking titles if they wanted to.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
More MGM (controlled by Warners) musicals. Last year we got Easter Parade and Billy Rose's Jumbo. With such an uber-rich legacy to draw from, Warners can certainly ramp up the releases. I guess box sets (like in the old, halcyon DVD days) are out of the question, but six or so spread over the course of a year isn't asking too much.

Please!

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Always
Damn Yankees
El Cid
The Ghost and the Darkness
The High and the Mighty
MacArthur
Mr. Holland's Opus
Red River
Rodgers & Hammerstein on Fox -- Oklahoma!, Carousel, The King and I, State Fair
Rodgers & Hammerstein on Universal (and therefore very unlikely) -- Flower Drum Song
The Sea Chase
The Shootist
Them!
The Thing (From Another World) -- the original and still best
War of the Worlds -- Pal/Haskins 1954 version

Persianimmortal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Koroush Ghazi
It would be great if 2014 saw:More Grace Kelly on blu, such as High Society and The Country GirlMore Jerry Lewis on blu, both with and without Dean Martin. Artists and Models would be a great start.More classic 50's sci-fi on blu, including 3D titles.

DSmith1984

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Billy Batson said:
Oo I do love lists, just thinking of a few titles where I'd dance a little jig if they were announced:She Wore A yellow RibbonScaramoucheHelen Of TroyLand Of The PharaohsThe VikingsOne-Eyed JacksThe Great RaceLord JimWhat's New PussycatA Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The ForumThe Last Valley (some hope!)Pat Garrett & Billy The KidI'm hoping that the remasters of The Good The Bad & The Ugly & The Wild Bunch look good. And some box sets, another classic monsters set from Universal (plus Sci-Fi & the road movies). I'd like a great looking release from the golden years of Hammer Films (late 50's early 60's), The Mummy has come the closest, but Universal & Sony could put out some great looking titles if they wanted to.
There's a remaster of The Wild Bunch coming? Why have I not heard anything remotely about this?

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
my short list would include
30 seconds over Tokyo
Carl Sagan's Cosmos - if they can make old TV shows look good, why not Cosmos?
20k beneath the sea
Treasure Island
1965 Moby Dick

I don't want much. LOL :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The only two Blu-ray titles I am still holding out for....

1776 and Murder By Death.

I don't hold much hope for 1776 in 2014 (or even beyond at the moment).

Hopefully Murder By Death will be handed over to Twilight Time.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I can't leave this thread alone, seven fifties 'scope films I'd rather like:BrigadoonBad Day At Black RockMister RobertsThe Last HuntThe Last WagonTeahouse Of The August MoonRide LonesomeThe thing about a lot of these fifties movies is that I grew to know & love 'em seeing them on our little b/w telly in the late 50's early 60's, & to see them in all their colour widescreen & stereo glory on a big telly is quite something.I hope Warner release more titles in 14 than they did in 13, I'm sure they will.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
-Conrack

-Stand and Deliver

-Dragonslayer

-Planet Of The Apes(1968) new HD transfer

-Hammer Horror titles(every one that hasn't been released)

-Silent Running

-Ordinary People

-Ghost World

-Cherry 2000

-Housekeeping

Foreign Films
-After Life

-Maborosi

-Akira Kurosawa's Dreams

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
-Black Sunday
-The Parallax View
(both great candidates for Twilight Time but they don't have a deal with Paramount... Parallax would make a great Criterion title)

-the rest of WB's Hitchcock films (Stage Fright, I Confess, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Suspicion, The Wrong Man)

-Marx Brothers films

-The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai (Shout! Factory...?)

-Brain Donors
-Top Secret!
-The Naked Gun sequels
-Zoolander
-Congo
(most likely from Paramount's deal with WB)

-Innerspace (would make a great double-feature with Explorers, via Par/WB)

-Sneakers (a Universal catalog title... which means it'll be a crapshoot)

-a definitive remastered Die Hard set, with the unrated Live Free or Die Hard (it's the only franchise I haven't upgraded to Blu-Ray yet)

-The Abyss
-True Lies
(what's another year? :D )

SS NORMANDIE

Agent
Real Name
Patrick
I'd enjoy the opportunity to purchase the following Blu Ray discs in 2014, in no particular order:

The Great Race
Mildred Pierce - 1945
Now, Voyager
The Dreamlife of Angels
Ordinary People
Valley of the Dolls
The House of Mirth
The Hours
The Whales of August
Ryan's Daughter
Raintree County
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - 1954
Pollyanna - 1960
The Parent Trap - 1961
Swiss Family Robinson - 1960
Candleshoe
The Black Hole
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
The Blue Bird - 1940
The Little Princess - 1939
Treasure Island - 1950
Three Coins in the Fountain
Anastasia
Peyton Place
Imitation of Life - 1959
Around the World in 80 Days - 1956
The Harvey Girls
The Star
Two for the Road
The Nun's Story
Show Boat - 1951
Gidget
A Summer Place
Ziegfeld Girl
Little Women - 1994
Pretty in Pink
Some Kind of Wonderful
Mask - 1985
The Age of Innocence
Can't Buy Me Love
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Waterloo Bridge
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone - 1961
Salem's Lot - 1979
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Nights of Cabiria
Valley Girl
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - 1958
Destry Rides Again
The Yearling - 1946
National Velvet
The Glass Menagerie - 1950

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Raintree CountyThe Great Race1776Murder By DeathRyan's DaughterThe Wonderful World of the Brothers GGoodbye Mr Chips (Peter O'Toole)Ziegfeld FolliesAround the World in 80 Days20,000 Leagues Under The SeaThe Happiest MillionaireSwiss Family RobinsonPaint Your WagonIn Harms WaySeven Brides for Seven BrothersThe Band WagonSilk StockingsOklahoma!The King and ICarousel State FairThoroughly Modern Millie And many more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks