What's new

Pioneer Elite Flat Panel does not pick up signal from ONKYO receiver via HDMI output cable (1 Viewer)

softbody

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
Hi,

I am trying to use a ONKYO (TX-SR606 HDMI receiver and connect an HD cable box, a xbox 360, and a ps3 via hdmi chords and use an output hdmi chord from the receiver to a Pioneer Elite Flat Panel Display (Model Pro 141 FD). The TV is not picking up any signal, I have restored the receiver to factory settings and tried putting the output HDMI chord into the 4 available input hubs, but have not even seen a sign the receiver exists from the TV. The TV requires external speakers - which is why we are using the receiver to begin with.

Does anyone have any solutions

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dumb questions...1. Have you set Monitor Out/HDMI Monitor as "yes". (Menu item 1-1)2. Have you set the HDMI inputs (menu item 1-2).

softbody

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
Thank you for responding!

1. Have you set Monitor Out/HDMI Monitor as "yes". (Menu item 1-1). I played around with the settings a lot and a remember switching one of the settings to yes that had to do with HDMI output. I can check when I get home this evening.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif;background-color:rgb(242,242,242);]2. Have you set the HDMI inputs (menu item 1-2). I did set the "DVD", "VCR/DVR","CBL/SAT", and "GAME", HDMI outputs in the settings to HDMI 1- 4. I do not think I re-adjusted those after I reset to factory settings. After failing, I was simply trying to get any signal between the TV and the receiver and was only using a PS3 hdmi input as my tester.[/color]

Also, are you using a particularly lengthy HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV (> 25 feet)? I am not, we are using HDMI cables that vary between 6 ft and probably about 12 ft.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks