Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer Elite Flat Panel does not pick up signal from ONKYO receiver via HDMI output cable

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   softbody

softbody

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 25 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hi,

I am trying to use a ONKYO (TX-SR606 HDMI receiver and connect an HD cable box, a xbox 360, and a ps3 via hdmi chords and use an output hdmi chord from the receiver to a Pioneer Elite Flat Panel Display (Model Pro 141 FD). The TV is not picking up any signal, I have restored the receiver to factory settings and tried putting the output HDMI chord into the 4 available input hubs, but have not even seen a sign the receiver exists from the TV. The TV requires external speakers - which is why we are using the receiver to begin with.

Does anyone have any solutions

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,190 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted September 25 2013 - 09:44 PM

Dumb questions...

1. Have you set Monitor Out/HDMI Monitor as "yes". (Menu item 1-1)

2. Have you set the HDMI inputs (menu item 1-2).

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,951 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted September 26 2013 - 05:40 AM

Also, are you using a particularly lengthy HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV (> 25 feet)?

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   softbody

softbody

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:43 AM

Thank you for responding!

1. Have you set Monitor Out/HDMI Monitor as "yes". (Menu item 1-1).  I played around with the settings a lot and a remember switching one of the settings to yes that had to do with HDMI output.  I can check when I get home this evening.

2. Have you set the HDMI inputs (menu item 1-2).  I did set the "DVD", "VCR/DVR","CBL/SAT", and "GAME", HDMI outputs in the settings to HDMI 1- 4.  I do not think I re-adjusted those after I reset to factory settings.  After failing, I was simply trying to get any signal  between the TV and the receiver and was only using a PS3 hdmi input as my tester.

Also, are you using a particularly lengthy HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV (> 25 feet)? I am not, we are using HDMI cables that vary between 6 ft and probably about 12 ft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users