Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is it worth putting something together for legacy video release differences?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Mike_G

Mike_G

Screenwriter

• 1,446 posts

Posted August 10 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hi all,

In the last few weeks I've been cleaning out my DVDs and some LDs due to everything going digital (Netflix) and Blu-Ray dominating my home theater for the last several years. I don't use DVDs much anymore except for movies that haven't been released on Blu yet, and Netflix sometimes has HD versions which, while not as good as Blu, are better than the DVD version.

The problem I have is this - in putting together DVDs to sell, I forgot to stop and think about the extras that they have. Even LDs had some unique features. There are also some home theater releases that have variations from one format to another. It's maddening. I can't remember if the DVD of one film has something on it that the Blu-Ray doesn't.

So, would it be worth it to put together a place on the forum where people can list a film as the topic, and list what would be different on the latest release vs. previous releases? Just a thought.

M

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,481 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 10 2013 - 05:00 PM

Where would you even begin?

Maltese Falcon?

Casablanca?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

And even at that, the "extra", extra sets of movies like Gone with the Wind that have had, what...50 releases?

And then, Red was available as both DVD and BD in "just the movie" version...and the one with the extras.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users