What's new

Xfinity X1 compatibility with sound bar (1 Viewer)

jprice9301

Auditioning
Real Name
Jen
We had the new x1 box installed and are having issues with our panasonic HTB550 sound bar. When the stereo is on the sound cuts out to the speakers randomly, while the subwoofer continues to work. This only happens when watching live tv or on demand, not when watching the DVR. I have tried every way of wiring the system, including optical only connection between the x1 and the soundbar but the problem still exists. Comcast came out yesterday and installed a new box and basically said there was a compatiblity issue with my stereo and to get a new one. They couldn't tell me which systems would be compatible. We have the sound bar wall mounted as two speakers on either side of the tv above the fireplace and I really don't want to have to reconfigure this. Any suggestions???

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Audio drops out when you run...X1 hdmi 550 hdmi tvAnd...X1 hdmi tvX1 optical 550Does the tv, when it produces audio, cut out(or have you not tried?)?

jprice9301

Auditioning
Real Name
Jen
Yes it drops out for both. If the 550 is turned off, the TV audio works fine. I just tried x1 hdmi to tv and then optical from the tv to the 550. So far it hasn't cut out, but sometimes it takes awhile for it to do so. Fingers crossed:) This isn't the optimal way to run the sound since I can't run the DVD player through the 550 and can't see the volume bar on the tv for the 550 audio.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If the sound cuts out via the Tv(whether "it" or toslinked back to the 550) it is a Comcast problem.That is your checks and balances. If it cuts out "no matter how you run the x1"...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks