-

Photo
- - - - -

What is your favorite Ice Cream and how much can you eat in a sitting?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 of 86 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,413 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 24 2013 - 12:12 PM

We have Blue Bunny in the northeast...but no Blue Bell. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#82 of 86 OFFLINE   Scott Burke

Scott Burke

Second Unit

• 348 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 15 2013 - 05:39 PM

I am a cookies and cream kind of guy if you're talking just plain ice cream. However, I LOVE all things peanut butter when it comes to ice cream. Ben and Jerry's used to have a flavor with dilbert on the carton. It had something to do with pistachios, and it was the only Ben and Jerry's flavor that I liked. Wish they would bring it back.

#83 of 86 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,638 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted November 16 2013 - 04:54 AM

I am a cookies and cream kind of guy if you're talking just plain ice cream. However, I LOVE all things peanut butter when it comes to ice cream. Ben and Jerry's used to have a flavor with dilbert on the carton. It had something to do with pistachios, and it was the only Ben and Jerry's flavor that I liked. Wish they would bring it back.

So do I, I am a sucker for Peanut Butter and Ice Cream so putting the two together is like heaven on earth.  I also prefer Peanut Butter and plain vanilla flavors, m favorite has been Welsh Farms, a local to NJ ice cream brand.   Turkey Hill has a decent flavor too but the majority of PB ice cream is typically "Peanut Butter Cup". 

Stewarts in NY has a good Peanut Butter Pandemonium if you like a busy PB ice cream and Blue Bunny has a good PB flavor too.. 

Jay

You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#84 of 86 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,414 posts

Posted November 20 2013 - 09:15 PM

Whatever happened to the Rainforest Crunch company, that not only provided Ben & Jerry's with Rainforest Crunch ice cream, but also its more Woodstocky-themed variation, Wavy Gravy?

(Rainforest Crunch with hard-fudge ripple.  :) )

I can't complain, though, as here in the Paradise of New England, I'm not only within a bus ride of Bart's ice cream in Amherst, MA (the home of Three Geeks and a Redhead:  Coconut ice cream, chocolate chunks, brownie and raspberry), but also live a two block walk away from Herrell's of Northampton, MA.
As in, STEVE Herrell, who had his own ice-cream-geek franchise cruelly taken away from him in the 80's, and came up with the concept of combining Oreos or crushed Heath with vanilla a good five years before B&J did. 

(Was in the grocery store one time with my sister, who also married a fellow ice-cream geek--Someone walked past us in the aisle, she grabbed my arm and whispered, "OMG, that's Steve!", as if she'd just spotted an incognito rockstar.)  :lol:

As for "Favorite", though...sadly, Edy's lost their license with the Girl Scouts, and can no longer market Girl Scout Cookies Samoa (caramel ice cream, coconut, chocolate and cookie bits) under its proper name.

Edited by Ejanss, November 20 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#85 of 86 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,507 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted November 21 2013 - 11:33 AM

Breyers has the official Girl Scout cookie flavors now. Their Samoa is good if you like Breyers, which admittedly isn't for everyone. :)

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#86 of 86 OFFLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,414 posts

Posted November 21 2013 - 02:33 PM

I can't complain, though, as here in the Paradise of New England, I'm not only within a bus ride of Bart's ice cream in Amherst, MA (the home of Three Geeks and a Redhead:  Coconut ice cream, chocolate chunks, brownie and raspberry), but also live a two block walk away from Herrell's of Northampton, MA.

As in, STEVE Herrell, who had his own ice-cream-geek franchise cruelly taken away from him in the 80's, and came up with the concept of combining Oreos or crushed Heath with vanilla a good five years before B&J did.

He's still managing to pioneer some new flavors, though:
So you think you like cookie-dough ice cream?...How about Lemon Cake Batter flavor?  Or Twinkie?  :D

And for fall, I usually like their Acorn Squash flavor (similar to Pumpkin pie, only milder on the cinnamon and more buttery).

Although I'll usually take their Burnt Sugar Caramel, or any variation on Malted chocolate/vanilla.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users