Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

pioneer receiver turns tv screen purple

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 jna

jna

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 23 2013 - 05:37 PM

I just got a new Pioneer vac 823 k and have it hooked up to Toshiba 55 led. When I turn it to bluray the screen is purple but I can still see the picture. Its fine when watching sat/cable or playn video games. If I unplug hdmi n plug it back in it usually fixes it,and its the hdmi cable from tv to receiver that I unplug and plug back in. I tried doing different hdmi cable with bluray but still had same problem. I seen online couple others having same problem . Any help thanks

#2 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,903 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 23 2013 - 06:43 PM

Turn off the 24p in the BD player. That seems to be the culprit...but why some Pioneer/Elite have issue with it is beyond me.

I've never ran across it...but it us always what is brought up.

Edited by schan1269, April 23 2013 - 06:47 PM.

#3 of 3 Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,128 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted April 23 2013 - 07:46 PM

Sounds like HDMI handshake issues. You shouldn't have to sacrifice 24p capability just to enjoy your BD player. I think you need to establish a sequence of turning on equipment that works best: For instance, switch the receiver to BD, then turn on the BD player. HDMI can be very fussy when switching sources on the fly. On my own system which seems to handle HDMI switching pretty well, every once in a while I'll get a bad handshake and the screen is nothing but snow. I just quickly turn the receiver off and back on and voila, I'm back to normal.

Edited by Mark-P, April 23 2013 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users