Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

receiver auto turn on when tv is turned on

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   jna

jna

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 21 2013 - 07:37 AM

Is there a way to get my Pioneer vsx 823 k receiver to automatically turn on when I turn on tv? Thanks

#2 of 4 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,478 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted April 21 2013 - 10:36 AM

Turning on the CEC in the AVR and your TV(which is????????????????) would accomplish this...maybe*.

*CEC between manufacturers rarely works. 

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   jna

jna

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted April 23 2013 - 05:27 PM

My tv is a Toshiba 55 Led. Sorry forgot to include that LOL.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Glen B2

Glen B2

Agent

• 38 posts
  • LocationOld Mill Basin, Brooklyn, NY

Posted April 25 2013 - 07:54 PM

Is there a way to get my Pioneer vsx 823 k receiver to automatically turn on when I turn on tv? Thanks

No, your receiver does not have a 12V trigger.  If it had one, I would have suggested plugging the TV into a smart power strip with trigger, or in lieu of a trigger, a 12V wall wart adapter plugged into the strip, and used to trigger the receiver.

One workable option is a universal remote programmed with a macro to turn on the TV and receiver with the push of a single button on the remote.

Edited by Glen B2, April 25 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Main system: Denon DP-59L, AudioTechnica AT33EV, Marantz Reference SA-11S2, Classé CP-50, Classé CA-300, Classé DR-10, PSB Stratus Gold is, DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner, Classé RC-1, Acoustic Zen Cables, Oyaide and Furutech AC receptacles and power connectors, HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses, 20A isolated ground dedicated line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users