Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 4-16-2013

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 of 46 OFFLINE   JakeLip

JakeLip

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 11:18 AM

Has anyone else encountered any trouble finding the Target edition of Django?

I have not been in the store myself, but a friend reported to me that she went Tuesday morning and found that they never got any in at all.  (For Les Mis, they only got two in, and now we're down to zero.)  They have said they MIGHT get it in on Friday or maybe not at all.

Another friend in another state told me they only saw one copy.

Both of these stores apparently had PLENTY copies of the basic edition.

This seems odd to me - why go through the trouble of working out a deal for an exclusive only to not stock enough copies?  It's not like this is some tiny indie film no one's ever heard of and won't buy, either...

#42 of 46 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,755 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 11:29 AM

Mine had zero. Admittedly a City Target and I went the day after release, but no copies of the exclusive version.

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#43 of 46 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 18 2013 - 12:13 PM

I got a Target exclusive version but I went on Tuesday morning. It seemed like they had a good number (easily a dozen) on the shelves at that point.

#44 of 46 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,191 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 18 2013 - 01:14 PM

I went to my store Tuesday night and only saw a couple of copies.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#45 of 46 OFFLINE   Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Lead Actor

• 9,755 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 08:22 AM

Officially gave up. Went to two Targets and a Best Buy, no exclusive, so just bought the regular BD version. They really skimped on the extras for a movie that won 2 Oscars. 

XBox Live: TheL1brarian (let's play Destiny on XB1)

#46 of 46 OFFLINE   JakeLip

JakeLip

Second Unit

• 258 posts

Posted April 20 2013 - 08:46 AM

I don't think they skimped on producing extras -- they skimped on making them widely available.  From what I have heard about the bonus content on the various exclusives, they would have made a pretty compelling package if released all together on one edition.  This is the studio's greed getting in the way of a proper special edition for the movie.

My local Target finally got in 19 copies last night.  A friend of mine got it from another store earlier this weekand gifted it to me, so I don't need one now.  But even 19 is a low number for a new release, especially if other fans have also been waiting on it all week.  (Our Target is the only one in the city.)  I would not be surprised to see these sell out in a day or two.  It's also worth noting that the $22.99 price will most likely go up on Sunday, whiich means people here have today to get it at the sale price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users