Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is there to block/hide other users like the previous version of the forum?

Best Answer Malcolm R , April 08 2013 - 12:04 PM

There is an option to create an ignore list under "My Settings."

Go to the full post

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,064 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 08 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'd like to implement this feature if it's available.

Thanks

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#2 of 6 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 08 2013 - 11:26 AM

Brandon:  I don't believe such a feature is now in place. 

But I think I remember discussion that it's "on the list."  But I can't be certain.  Nor do I know if it would be a priority.

I'll try to get you a more definitive answer.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#3 of 6 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,503 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 08 2013 - 12:04 PM   Best Answer

There is an option to create an ignore list under "My Settings."

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#4 of 6 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 08 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm glad I was able to get that definitive answer so quickly!  :laugh:

Thanks, Malcolm!  It's a feature I've never used.  I figured it would have been visible on someone else's profile page ("Ignore this User" or something of the sort). 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 6 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,064 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted April 08 2013 - 02:00 PM

Thanks guys

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#6 of 6 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,600 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted April 20 2013 - 08:48 PM

Thanks Malcolm.  Here is the link: http://www.hometheat...ea=ignoredusers  You can ignore a users posts, signature and/or PMs.  There is also a checkbox on the top of the page where you can also ignore all signatures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users