Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Rise of the Guardians (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo) available for preorder

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,248 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 06:08 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Ruly2

Ruly2

Second Unit

• 413 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 11:22 AM

FINAL BLURAY COVERS [IMG ALT=""]http://www.hometheaterforum.com/content/type/61/id/174318/width/200/height/400[/IMG

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,047 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted March 08 2013 - 10:15 AM

Now if that were simply the sleeve, and what is pictured above is the actual cover, that would be extremely cool.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,445 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted May 01 2013 - 06:16 PM

Since I didn't have a review to work on today, I found time to watch this. It was an OK feature; some problems in the storytelling but with some excellent voice work, especially from Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, and Jude Law. The 3D was nicely rendered with a few forward projections but not to the extent of some of Dreamworks' other top titles.

But the sound (Dolby TrueHD 7.1) was simply amazing, among the most active and effective soundstages I've heard on a Blu-ray disc.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,047 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 06 2013 - 01:32 PM

I really enjoyed this one. It's not going to poke your eye out, but neither is it as subtle as a Pixar 3D film. The voice casting is excellent all around: the above, plus Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher, and the child voice actors give the film some solid dramatic depth in addition to the stereoscopic depth. There were a handful of storytelling issues, but nothing that took me out of the movie.

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,354 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted November 09 2014 - 08:41 AM

Down to $9.99 on Amazon.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users