Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Superman Anthology UK Import

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott511

Scott511

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted November 20 2012 - 03:32 AM

My apologies if this has been discussed somewhere, I could not find anything about this using the search function for the forums. I've noticed the Region Free Blu-ray U.K. import of the Superman Anthology can be found fairly cheap when compared to the U.S. version. My question is, does this suffer from the dreaded PAL "speed up" audio-wise when viewed on players in the U.S.? I'm familar with DVD import discs, but have no knowledge of NTSC vs. PAL when it comes to the Blu-Ray format. Thanks very much!

#2 of 6 ONLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,903 posts

Posted November 20 2012 - 04:20 AM

My apologies if this has been discussed somewhere, I could not find anything about this using the search function for the forums. I've noticed the Region Free Blu-ray U.K. import of the Superman Anthology can be found fairly cheap when compared to the U.S. version. My question is, does this suffer from the dreaded PAL "speed up" audio-wise when viewed on players in the U.S.? I'm familar with DVD import discs, but have no knowledge of NTSC vs. PAL when it comes to the Blu-Ray format. Thanks very much!

"NTSC vs. PAL" doesn't apply to blu-ray. All you have to worry about is whether or not the disc is Zone B locked.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott511

Scott511

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted November 21 2012 - 12:27 AM

Thanks so much Robin, it's much appreciated!

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,461 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:19 AM

It might be an issue with any SD supplemental material.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Scott511

Scott511

Stunt Coordinator

• 92 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted November 22 2012 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for the warning Mr. Seven! I will have a easier time dealing with the PAL "speed up" audio on the bonus material more than I can on the films. I'll be considering this before I purchase. I appreciate all the feedback!

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Ferdinand Hudson

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 08:32 AM

No issues with the extras either. SD material on the international releases of the Superman Anthology set are the same as the North American, ie no PAL/50Hz issues. Companies like Sony, Paramount, Warner, Fox, Universal and Disney use the same 60Hz material for their bonus stuff for their releases worldwide (they are usually identical with the exception of audio tracks and subtitle selection). It is when you go with releases by regional distributors that you need to look out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users