-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Star Wars Episode VII Thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1243 replies to this topic

#341 of 1244 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,132 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted October 31 2013 - 06:37 PM

I liked Alien 3!

I like the Assembly Cut. But regardless of liking it/not liking it, the incredibly rushed production so that the studio could hit a release date - they started shooting without a finished script - was a terrible situation to work under for a major production. The film probably could have worked better if they had time to actually hammer out the story details before being required to shoot.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#342 of 1244 SamT

SamT

Supporting Actor

• 578 posts

Posted October 31 2013 - 06:42 PM

vader-trek-poster.jpg

• Stephen Brooks likes this
Here since 1999!

trakt is a fun way to see what we watch and rate. Add me if you are in this thread!

#343 of 1244 Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 338 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted November 01 2013 - 02:56 PM

They could save production time by shooting digital 3D instead of shooting film, developing the film, scanning the film, and post-converting to 3D.
  • FoxyMulder likes this
IMPERIAL OFFICER: Lord Vader, I can't find the Central Navigational Network!

VADER (points to control panel): This......is CNN.

#344 of 1244 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 07 2013 - 03:59 PM

The release date has been bumped to December 18, 2015.

I was happy seeing them dive in and just get it down (pressure can be good sometimes) but if 6 or 7 months results in a better movie, I'm good with that too.

#345 of 1244 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,422 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 07:53 PM

No Fox logo or fanfare, and now no May 25th release date. This is going to be a little weird to us old school fans. ;)

#346 of 1244 Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 338 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted November 07 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm thrilled with it. In Summer 2015 it would have been just another blockbuster, but now it can have the Christmas season all to itself. I've always associated Star Wars with Christmas anyway, for some reason. Now we get Hobbit movies this December and next, and Star Wars the December after that. Good times. :D

#347 of 1244 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,422 posts

Posted November 07 2013 - 08:04 PM

So long as the movie isn't a giant lump of coal, I can live with it. :)

#348 of 1244 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,192 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted November 07 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'm thrilled with it. In Summer 2015 it would have been just another blockbuster, but now it can have the Christmas season all to itself. I've always associated Star Wars with Christmas anyway, for some reason. Now we get Hobbit movies this December and next, and Star Wars the December after that. Good times. :D

The last Hobbit film will be released July 18 2014
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#349 of 1244 Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit

• 338 posts
  • LocationBrownsburg, IN

Posted November 08 2013 - 04:00 AM

The last Hobbit film will be released July 18 2014

That was the original announcement when they split it into 3 films, but I'm reasonably (as in 99.99999% sure) they pushed the last movie back to December. Which I'm glad for....a 6 month turnaround was way too fast for the amount of FX that will likely be in the movie.

#350 of 1244 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,192 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted November 08 2013 - 02:31 PM

That was the original announcement when they split it into 3 films, but I'm reasonably (as in 99.99999% sure) they pushed the last movie back to December. Which I'm glad for....a 6 month turnaround was way too fast for the amount of FX that will likely be in the movie.

You're right Steven. It has been moved to December 17 2014. I like them in December too
  • Stephen Brooks likes this

#351 of 1244 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,770 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 03:38 PM

I can't really believe this is an issue but:

http://www.starwarsu...are-not-in.html

Why would fans expect the Fox fanfare and logo before the new films? Disney, for all intents and purposes, rescued the Star Wars series and is bringing it back to the big screen. Their logo deserves to be the first thing audiences see. I would not like to see the original six films have the Fox logo replaced, but going forward, it should be Disney.

#352 of 1244 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,422 posts

Posted November 08 2013 - 04:56 PM

The Fox fanfare has long been part of the Star Wars experience. It was even included on some of the soundtrack releases. The Disney logo is never going to give us old fogey fans the same level of goosebumps we got back in the day, but I won't mind too much if the movie is good.

Rescued from whom? ;)

#353 of 1244 Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,192 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted November 08 2013 - 11:36 PM

From George Lucas of course. ;)

#354 of 1244 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,770 posts

Posted November 09 2013 - 08:10 AM

So, JJ Abrams says he and Kasdan had to take over writing in order to meet Disney's deadline of a release date. Meanwhile, Bob Iger says they moved the picture to Dec '15 instead of spring/summer in part because of the new writing team.

Seems like both sides don't have their story straight.

#355 of 1244 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,594 posts

Posted November 09 2013 - 11:37 PM

The writing thing worries me.   Was the story pure gold, and Abrams/Kasdan just polishing it into a screenplay.  Was it deemed garbage by the Disney execs and now being quickly rewritten?  Was the original writer fired?  My apologies if I overlooked the answer in an earlier post, but all the he said, she said stuff drives me crazy.  I stopped reading them after the first conflicting statement.

Regarding the December release date.  I like Christmas time Star Wars....but it feels off.  Push it to May of 2016.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#356 of 1244 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 12 2013 - 02:15 PM

Is this real?

star-wars-episode-7-poster.jpg

Have to guess it's not since there isn't any talk about a poster release on the news part of a search.

Edited by Greg_S_H, November 12 2013 - 02:17 PM.

• Brett_M likes this

#357 of 1244 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,678 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 12 2013 - 02:47 PM

^ No, it must be a fan poster.

#358 of 1244 Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,770 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 03:11 PM

There have been a ton of fan posters that range from being really cool to really bad.

Maybe well see an official poster a year or so from now, maybe a year and a half.

#359 of 1244 SilverWook

SilverWook

Screenwriter

• 1,422 posts

Posted November 12 2013 - 03:16 PM

The URL of the artist is on the poster.

I would hope Luke is still sporting something like his black outfit from ROTJ in the movie. There's no reason he has to start dressing like Obi Wan.

Edited by SilverWook, November 12 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#360 of 1244 FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 4,494 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted November 12 2013 - 03:21 PM

the URL of the artist is on the poster.

I would hope Luke is still sporting something like his black outfit from ROTJ in the movie. There's no reason he has to start dressing like Obi Wan.

I am wondering if they are rewriting things because they have ditched the original cast returning idea, if the cast are returning then i would also think the robes look is traditional Jedi and might also be a good idea if Mark Hamill isn't in the shape he was in back in the eighties, the robes can help hide additional weight if they are careful with how the movie is filmed.

Edited by FoxyMulder, November 12 2013 - 03:22 PM.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users