Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with Denon AVR 1911

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   quartermoon

quartermoon

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted October 15 2012 - 04:18 AM

I've had this unit for about a year and haven't experienced any problems until yesterday. Turned it on in the morning and I had no sound/ no picture. Light is green on the reciever. I turned it off and then back on and still nothing. After several cycles, I did get sound, but still no picture. I then switched the receiver to another source (xbox) and there was again no sound or picture. I switched the receiver to HD radio and still no sound. I then did the factory reset and still no sound and/or picture (I'm using the HDMI ins and out). I did the reset again with the same result, including trying HD radio, and all the other sources. I took out my old receiver and hooked it up and all sources are outputing video/sound. Any ideas? Is the Denon toast?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,484 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted October 15 2012 - 04:51 AM

Give it about 1-6 hours unplugged from the wall. That should dissipate any residual "brain" electricity... If it doesn't come back, then yes it likely is done. These things have micro-processors in them. Occasionally starving it of electricity is the only way to get a "fresh" re-boot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users