online gaming, home theaters and headphones

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,462 posts

Posted September 13 2012 - 06:06 PM

I have an interesting question for those that play online with your Xbox or PS3 and have a home theater system. Do you prefer to play online games with your home theater system and standard headphones(ones that don't go completely over the ears). This way you can get the full surround effects and great sound and just use headphones for communicating. Or do you prefer to use over the ear headphones and use top quality headphones for your sound and communicating? Not really talking about privacy reasons(waking wife or kids)

all-banner.jpg

#2 of 3 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 811 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted September 14 2012 - 12:40 AM

I typically use the cruddy over the ear microphone and my HT for sound, though when i'm gaming on my PC I use my headphone rig. I've found that good headphones are really hard to beat when it comes to FPS/Survival Horror type games.

#3 of 3 GeekyJenn

GeekyJenn

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted September 23 2012 - 06:16 PM

I personally prefer using a good over-the-ear headphones even when I play my PS3 games on my home theater system. It's a more convenient setup (I'm lazy), I enjoy it a lot and I don't want others to shout at me because of the noise created during an exciting game play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users