Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mackinac Island

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,338 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 29 2012 - 01:04 AM

My wife and I spent a long weekend at Mackinac Island for our anniversary (23 years) last weekend. Here are a few shots from the visit. For those not familiar with Michigan, Mackinac Island is in the Straits of Mackinac, between Michigan's Lower and Upper Peninsulas and between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. The island was actually the world's second National Park, established four years after Yellowstone in 1876. It was turned over to the State of Michigan in 1895. There are no motorized vehicles allowed on the island. All transportation is either by horse, bicycle or foot. There are ferry services from both Mackinaw City (Lower Peninsula) and St. Ignace (Upper Peninsula). The island has several historic hotels -- including The Grand Hotel, where the movie Somewhere in Time was filmed. We always stay at the Island House, which was established in 1852. The Grand Hotel Posted Image Posted Image The Island House Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Main town at night Posted Image Posted Image Mackinac Bridge Posted Image

#2 of 2 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,513 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted August 29 2012 - 02:19 AM

Great gallery of memories!

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users