Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WB will mark it's 90th Anniversay in style

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 of 79 OFFLINE   Oliver Siegel

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted July 26 2012 - 10:44 AM

Jim Baker of Warner Bros "Without making a formal announcement, I will tell you this, next year is the 90th anniversary of Warner Bros., we have not yet formally announced what are plans are, but we’re going to be doing that at our lot in early October. We’re going to be converting a lot of films to Blu-ray next year as part of our anniversary, including five Best Picture winners that have never been on Blu-ray. I can’t tell you what they are, but they will be coming out. There are some other boxsets that are absolutely extraordinary and I think it’s going to be the year of Blu-ray next year and consumers are going to go wild over what Warners is bringing to the party." http://cinema-fanati...ion/#more-12139

#2 of 79 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted July 26 2012 - 11:10 AM

According to Mr. Baker, no less than FIVE BEST PICTURE OSCAR WINNERS will see their blu-ray debut from Warner in 2013...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHICH ONES!!!Posted Image

#3 of 79 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 840 posts

Posted July 26 2012 - 11:19 AM

Sounds great. OK Warner- how about THE GREAT RACE ---GYPSY-----FEARLESS---HEAVEN AND EARTH----RYANS DAUGHTER---and WIND AND THE LION[I think Warner owns this].

#4 of 79 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,262 posts

Posted July 26 2012 - 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by lukejosephchung 

According to Mr. Baker, no less than FIVE BEST PICTURE OSCAR WINNERS will see their blu-ray debut from Warner in 2013...I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHICH ONES!!!Posted Image

By my count, these are the WB Best Picture winners not out on BD:

"Driving Miss Daisy"

"Around the World in 80 Days"

"Mrs. Miniver"

"Life of Emile Zola"

"Great Ziegfeld"

"Grand Hotel"

"Broadway Melody"

So narrow it down from there! Posted Image

Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#5 of 79 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted July 26 2012 - 11:48 AM

I love Driving Miss Daisy.

#6 of 79 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted July 26 2012 - 11:52 AM

Well, the Best Picture winners currently "owned" by Warner Brothers, not necessarily produced by them. I believe they also have video distribution rights to Cimarron and Best Years of Our Lives.

By my count, these are the WB Best Picture winners not out on BD: "Driving Miss Daisy" "Around the World in 80 Days" "Mrs. Miniver" "Life of Emile Zola" "Great Ziegfeld" "Grand Hotel" "Broadway Melody" So narrow it down from there! :)

#7 of 79 OFFLINE   Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 01:34 AM

I know it's an MGM film and the concentration will probably be on WB films, but I hope we finally see RAINTREE COUNTY, the winner of this year's most wanted catalogue title on BD here at the HTF!

#8 of 79 OFFLINE   Brianruns10

Brianruns10

Second Unit

• 276 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 01:37 AM

Dare we hope for YET ANOTHER even MORE remastered edition of "Casablanca" next year??? :P

#9 of 79 OFFLINE   Paul Rossen

Paul Rossen

Supporting Actor

• 501 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 01:42 AM

I know it's an MGM film and the concentration will probably be on WB films, but I hope we finally see RAINTREE COUNTY, the winner of this year's most wanted catalogue title on BD here at the HTF!

One can hope...

#10 of 79 OFFLINE   Oliver Siegel

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 02:38 AM

A quote from WAC's FB page : Someone: "Any chance that we may see Raintree County coming to DVD? I have been enjoying the Archive tremendously btw..." WAC:" It is a very ambitious and expensive project, but it is still under consideration for a high profile Blu-ray release at some point."

#11 of 79 OFFLINE   nealg

nealg

Stunt Coordinator

• 120 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 03:20 AM

Dare we hope for YET ANOTHER even MORE remastered edition of "Casablanca" next year??? :P

SOL (Snicker Out Loud).:D

#12 of 79 OFFLINE   Andrew Budgell

Andrew Budgell

Screenwriter

• 1,222 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 03:26 AM

A quote from WAC's FB page : Someone: "Any chance that we may see Raintree County coming to DVD? I have been enjoying the Archive tremendously btw..." WAC:" It is a very ambitious and expensive project, but it is still under consideration for a high profile Blu-ray release at some point."

Thanks, Oliver. That's more or less what they've been telling me for the last few years. I truly hope it happens. It's my number one most wanted film on Blu-ray. It didn't even receive a region 1 DVD release.

#13 of 79 OFFLINE   flagbrothers

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 03:39 AM

Ok Warner, its time for James Dean films. And please consider Shaft in Afirca and Shaft's Big Score given that you will release the original Shaft this year.

#14 of 79 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,049 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 27 2012 - 04:21 AM

I'm not holding my breath...

#15 of 79 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 06:06 AM

If they are putting out box sets, it may be the year we see blu boxes of the Thin Man films and Astaire/Rogers. Neither WB, but hopefuly they won't be too strict.

#16 of 79 OFFLINE   Oliver Siegel

Oliver Siegel

Stunt Coordinator

• 57 posts

Posted July 28 2012 - 03:03 AM

@flagbrothers...James Dean's set would be fantastic!Long overdue, if you ask me.

#17 of 79 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,852 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 28 2012 - 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by flagbrothers 

Ok Warner, its time for James Dean films. And please consider Shaft in Afirca and Shaft's Big Score given that you will release the original Shaft this year.

A James Dean set?  That is exactly what I am hoping after reading they are planning on collections.

"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#18 of 79 OFFLINE   Doctorossi

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor

• 836 posts

Posted July 28 2012 - 03:30 AM

McCabe and Mrs. Miller would make me happy, but I know it doesn't really scream "anniversary celebration".

#19 of 79 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,498 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted July 28 2012 - 03:38 AM

Maybe some Blu versions of Warner DVD boxes, Busby Berkeley, Errol Flynn ect. Mr. Roberts - Harper - The Great Race...& Hooper please.

#20 of 79 OFFLINE   JohnMor

JohnMor

Producer

• 3,465 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted July 28 2012 - 05:22 AM

Would love to see the WB Hitchcock'e make it to blu. Not his best films (Strangers on a Train excepted) but for completion sake, particularly with the Universal and MGM ones making their way to blu this year.  And some of the classic gangster films, particularly Public Enemy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users