Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Queen's Live in Budapest '86 gets theatrical release: "Hungarian Rhapsody"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,493 posts

Posted July 17 2012 - 01:52 AM

Remastered in HD, 5.1 sound...a "worldwide" release HOPEFULLY means that it will play somewhere in the US within a hundred miles of me!  I saw Queen twice (The Game and Hot Space tours) and would LOVE to see this on the big screen.

Official International Queen Fan Club > News Detail Page... Freddie Mercury | Brian May | Roger Taylor | John Deacon...

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted July 20 2012 - 09:43 AM

Too bad it will not be the complete concert

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,493 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 11:39 AM

YES!!!!!!

It's playing in my hometown!  No 100 mile trip to see this!  I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Queen – Hungarian Rhapsody: Live in Budapest ’86 | Screenvision

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted August 18 2012 - 06:33 AM

It's playing not far from me either but the dates are all on my work nights. Enjoy for me Eric!

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,493 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 12:58 AM

The concert (which I can't wait to see tomorrow night!) is getting released Nov. 5th on DVD, Blu-Ray and CD!

Press Release: Hungarian Rhapsody DVD/Blu-ray/CD and Download Release

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,493 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 03:41 PM

I'm pretty sure this was released on VHS years ago.  Overall, a fun experience.

Negatives:  Not entirely impressed with the 5.1 Sound.  A little bass-heavy.  Editing the show is one thing, editing SONGS another ("Crazy Little Thing"?  REALLY!?!?!)  Editing especially to add in documentary footage of the group's trip...although I understand this was originally released in Eastern Europe after the tour ended.

Positives:  Freddie in EXCELLENT form, especially "Who Wants To Live Forever."  They cut "Another One Bites The Dust!"  And, well, it's QUEEN!!!!

Now I'm torn on whether to purchase when they get released this fall.  If the songs are restored to full length, then yes.  Otherwise, no sale, I'm afraid,

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted September 21 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'm pretty sure this was released on VHS years ago.  Overall, a fun experience.   Negatives:  Not entirely impressed with the 5.1 Sound.  A little bass-heavy.  Editing the show is one thing, editing SONGS another ("Crazy Little Thing"?  REALLY!?!?!)  Editing especially to add in documentary footage of the group's trip...although I understand this was originally released in Eastern Europe after the tour ended. Positives:  Freddie in EXCELLENT form, especially "Who Wants To Live Forever."  They cut "Another One Bites The Dust!"  And, well, it's QUEEN!!!! Now I'm torn on whether to purchase when they get released this fall.  If the songs are restored to full length, then yes.  Otherwise, no sale, I'm afraid,

Unfortunately what's in the film is all they have. The original negatives are "missing." HOWEVER the CD is the full show. Good and bad I'm afraid.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,493 posts

Posted September 21 2012 - 01:45 AM

Michael, is the CD going to have the unedited versions of "Crazy Little Thing" and "Tie Your Mother Down?"  My other "negative" was inserting "Friends Will Be Friends" in between "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions."  It REALLY kills the flow....

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted September 21 2012 - 03:43 PM

Michael, is the CD going to have the unedited versions of "Crazy Little Thing" and "Tie Your Mother Down?"  My other "negative" was inserting "Friends Will Be Friends" in between "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions."  It REALLY kills the flow....

Yes, the CD(s) offer the complete unedited show, Queen have always owned the audio, it was the video that got split up with another company. Agreed on splitting WWRY and WATC, it was a chance they took hoping it'd take off with fans, it obviously failed. As I recall with their US tour with Paul Rodgers they did it again, this time inserting "All Right Now" in between.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   GeneP18

GeneP18

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted September 27 2012 - 01:59 PM

Just saw a screening tonight at my local theater (along with 2 other people - great attendance, huh?). It seems like Tear It Up, Love Of My Life, and perhaps I Want To Break Free are also edited somewhat. Another One Bites The Dust is completely missing, as is the impromptu jam before the guitar solo and You're So Square (Baby I Don't Care) and Hello Mary Lou (Goodbye Heart) from the covers medley. There are 16-camera views of these missing segments on You Tube if you look for them (although each viewing window is so small and you can't see anything on some of the cameras). The projected ratio at the theater was 1.33:1 and the 5.1 audio wasn't all that great (although that could be a function of my theater's sound system). I would love to see them include a 16:9 version as well on the Blu-ray, even though this wasn't the original aspect ratio.

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Michael Allred

Michael Allred

Screenwriter

• 1,718 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:11 PM

Bought the deluxe Blu-Ray tonight (with the full show on 2 CDs.) Anyone else pick this up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users