What's new

Big Brother 14 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Some interesting twists this season...
Four former players return...not as contestants, but as coaches. Each has a team of three players, and to keep things interesting, the coach get $100K if one of their players wins.

At least Jesse hasn't returned...yet!

NolanJ

Second Unit
It's interesting - not sure if I like the coaches angle, but I do like seeing old faces return. Dan was one of my favorites - what he did to win his season might be the best single season played game in the history of Big Brother.
I've never really been a fan of Boogie -

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Decided to give this another try and am enjoying it, nice of them to change it up.
Pretty much boycotted it after Evil Dick and his slutty daughter won this a few years back, but looks like they might have toned down on having such completely unlikeable people since then.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
No comments after more than two weeks into the show. Not a good sign.
I'm actually enjoying this season, but apparently might be in the minority. Their attempt to grab ratings with another Russell Hantz Survivor relative bombed very quickly.
There is so much "reality" TV on, especially during the summer season, might be time for this show to just quietly fade away and not return.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm watching it, but I don't feel the level of "excitement" invested in this season yet. Not sure if it's the players or just the sameness after watching the past several seasons.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Odd timing since it's 6 a.m. where I am, but just happened to notice your post.
Definitely is a lot more laid back than earlier seasons I remember. The coaches becoming players was pretty predictable, but maybe a little to late to get more viewers. I do wish there had been an eviction first and Frank had been booted, but as they said, it's like a complete reset of the game.
Will be interesting to watch. The players are decent so I actually will stick with it until the end.
My original thought was that Shane would win, but things changed a lot last night. Might be Janelle's time to finally win.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hate the coaches "twist" this season, it robbed the contestants of letting them develop their own alliances in their own way, instead, it imposed the coaches' picks into the mix, too artificially so.
It would be hilarious if the non-coaches all ganged up on the coaches for the next 3-4 weeks, just to be done with them.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
It would be hilarious if the non-coaches all ganged up on the coaches for the next 3-4 weeks, just to be done with them.
That last line of your post really got me laughing. That would be great if they all ganged up together and booted the coaches out one by one. Who knows, especially when trapped together 24/7 what might happen. That would be fun to watch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If I were a non-coach, I'd make the case that booting out the coaches keeps the rest of them in the house for another month. Easy-peasy.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Should be an interesting week., especially since Danielle took HOH and completely screwed up a lot of people's plans. The true lying, cheating and alliances looks like it begins again.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is a show I just started watching a couple of seasons ago. TV's equivalent to a "popcorn movie."

I love Britney! I was thrilled that she turned out to be one of the returning "coaches."

She's adorable and funny as can be. Her riffs on Rachel a season ago and now her impression of Joe (the WWE-style talker) this season had me on the floor!

2ead238c_BritneyHaynes-BigBrother.jpeg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Janelle has always been one of my favorite players (being gorgeous certainly helps) and was one of my frontrunners to win. But really surprised tonight when Danielle replaced Wil with her on the veto block.
Can't stand Frank, I think he's a jerk, don't know why everybody is supporting him. Hope he goes home Thursday. Guess all we can do now is wait and see.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Stan /t/322218/big-brother-14#post_3960134
Can't stand Frank, I think he's a jerk, don't know why everybody is supporting him. Hope he goes home Thursday. Guess all we can do now is wait and see.

My impression after last night's broadcast was that Mike Boogie (I haven't seen his past seasons) really is an influential (persuasive) guy. He was able to go from a no-win situation and convince a group of people (who had already figured out their "out" strategy") to completely re-figure their strategy to accommodate all his wishes (boot Janelle, keep Frank, help him, etc.).

Pretty amazing. Unless the editors are playing me for a fool (I'm certainly open to THAT possibility) and throwing a red herring into the mix by making that entire "silent six" strategy session seem legit when it wasn't. But since Danielle SEEMED to do what Boogie wanted...

But maybe Danielle only put up Janelle to give Frank & Boogie some unwarranted assurance that everything is cool. I guess we'll know after tonight's vote.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Wow, terrible week for me. Not only does my favorite player Janelle get voted out but then the idiot Frank gets HOH.
Janelle's exit interview with Ms. Chen was great, very classy but got some good jabs at Boogie into the conversation.
Seemed like the entire household wanted Frank to win HOH. Never even had to compete until near the end, maybe some type of setup to get rid of him later. I just can't believe he'll be around for at least another two weeks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see who Frank/Boogie decide to go after next week.

It would seem like Joe is now the odd man out...but it's likely the whole house will reshuffle with Frank/Boogie in charge and they start thinking about "who's a bigger threat."

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
With apologies to Hanson and his AMAZING "Separated At Birth" posts, he's one I could NOT pass by...

09ffa4da_images.jpeg

cb3e58eb_sherman.jpeg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
With apologies to Hanson and his AMAZING "Separated At Birth" posts, he's one I could NOT pass by...

cb3e58eb_sherman.jpeg
Wanted to comment but couldn't place the cartoon face. Finally figured it out that it's from the old "Peabody and Sherman" cartoon I grew up with, probably older than many of the members of this forum.

Great laugh from that one and the likeness is pretty amazing.

Interesting week to watch. Please oh please will somebody get rid of Dan and Boogie.

As the house shrinks, everybody gets squeezed so more backstabbing, lying and other fun things still to come. Kind of a terrible thing to say, but it's fun to watch. After all it's a game, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks