Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Timeless New Acquisitions!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 of 97 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 06:44 AM

Straight from the horses mouth, Timeless may be going the way of the dial telephone but if they are, they are at least going to go out with a bang. I've just learned that they have signed deals and have acquired the following series for release: Bearcats! Tombstone Territory West Point Harbor Command Science Fiction Theatre Stoney Burke MacKenzie's Raiders Lee Marvin Presents The Lawbreakers Target Some big surprises on there. I have a friend who is a Ziv fanatic who was jumping for joy as he has never even seen Target as there has never been one episode to surface of that show on film or on air in the taping era. Absent are the "big 3" Ziv titles but word on the street is that they have been picked up by another entity.

#2 of 97 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Neil Brock 

Straight from the horses mouth, Timeless may be going the way of the dial telephone but if they are, they are at least going to go out with a bang. I've just learned that they have signed deals and have acquired the following series for release:
Bearcats!
Tombstone Territory
West Point
Harbor Command
Science Fiction Theatre
Stoney Burke
MacKenzie's Raiders
Lee Marvin Presents The Lawbreakers
Target
Some big surprises on there. I have a friend who is a Ziv fanatic who was jumping for joy as he has never even seen Target as there has never been one episode to surface of that show on film or on air in the taping era. Absent are the "big 3" Ziv titles but word on the street is that they have been picked up by another entity.

Great news if they can get these things out before Shout takes the reins completely.  I knew they were in talks for the ZIV stuff, so lets hope all these see releases.  I'm going to be cautious until I see how everything shakes out.

Gary "really hoping all this stuff comes to fruition" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#3 of 97 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 07:20 AM

Oh, and one other thing I forgot. Finally, the completion of The Lawless Years!

#4 of 97 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,161 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 07:51 AM

Well that's good to know that won't remain in the category of "unfinished business". Looks like Loretta Young is the only title that will hold that distinction with Timeless.

#5 of 97 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 07:52 AM

Absent are the "big 3" Ziv titles but word on the street is that they have been picked up by another entity.

The big three being "Sea Hunt", "Highway Patrol" and what's the third?

#6 of 97 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeWilson 

The big three being "Sea Hunt", "Highway Patrol" and what's the third?

I'm assuming he's thinking of Bat Masterson.

Gary "not sure what else it could be" O.

#7 of 97 OFFLINE   MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 08:31 AM

A quick question if I may on the Timeless products. I'm coming very late and with not as much funding as one would like to Timeless's inventory and I am curious is if the clock is ticking on what is currently in production may be discontinued in light of the merger.

If I have to move on some of these products, I'd like a fair warning.

So much TV... So little money! Please visit my blog at: http://tvhistoryondvd.blogspot.com/

#8 of 97 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattPeriolat 

A quick question if I may on the Timeless products. I'm coming very late and with not as much funding as one would like to Timeless's inventory and I am curious is if the clock is ticking on what is currently in production may be discontinued in light of the merger.

If I have to move on some of these products, I'd like a fair warning.

I'm speaking with no authority other than my own sense (which some would say is poor - LOL) I don't think you need to worry about that right now.  I imagine you'll be able to buy the sets for some time yet.

Gary "of course, I could be wrong" O.  Posted Image

#9 of 97 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 582 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Neil Brock 

Oh, and one other thing I forgot. Finally, the completion of The Lawless Years!

Excellent!

#10 of 97 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,331 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 09:23 AM

Some outstanding news there! But is this an implicit "no" for The Name of the Game?

#11 of 97 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,118 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 09:34 AM

IF these titles do get released, great news about the Jack Lord series Stoney Burke, and Target sounds like an interesting anthology series.

#12 of 97 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 09:44 AM

BTW, I really do hope we see West Point if for no other reason than that it has a Christmas episode I've been after for many years now.

Gary "I'd be in for most of those titles" O.

#13 of 97 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,648 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 11:43 AM

Wow, STONEY BURKE and SCIENCE FICTION THEATRE... that's two I can scratch off my wanted list!

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#14 of 97 OFFLINE   Richard Gallagher

Richard Gallagher

Producer

• 3,118 posts
  • LocationFishkill, NY

Posted May 22 2012 - 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gary OS 

Quote:

I'm assuming he's thinking of Bat Masterson.

Gary "not sure what else it could be" O.

The other ZIV series I would like to see (in addition to those already mentioned) is I Led 3 Lives.

Rich Gallagher

#15 of 97 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,648 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 01:12 PM

The other ZIV series I would like to see (in addition to those already mentioned) is I Led 3 Lives.

And WORLD OF GIANTS --just 14 half-hour episodes in total, so it'd make a simple little two-disc (or, at most, three-disc) set.

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#16 of 97 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 04:02 PM

Some outstanding news there! But is this an implicit "no" for The Name of the Game?

No, not at all. This is totally separate and apart from any Universal deals that may be in the works. They are still mining the Universal catalogue for goodies but much like Uncle Joe, Universal moves kinda slow. So any shows that anyone puts in for with Universal gets dealt with but at a snail's pace. Personally, I am hoping that some day we may yet see shows like The Bold Ones, Name of the Game, The Outsider, Owen Marshall and The Road West.

#17 of 97 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 2,014 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 04:36 PM

No, not at all. This is totally separate and apart from any Universal deals that may be in the works. They are still mining the Universal catalogue for goodies but much like Uncle Joe, Universal moves kinda slow. So any shows that anyone puts in for with Universal gets dealt with but at a snail's pace. Personally, I am hoping that some day we may yet see shows like The Bold Ones, Name of the Game, The Outsider, Owen Marshall and The Road West.

Knowing TIMELESS and westerns, I got a feeling we'll see THE ROAD WEST sooner than later.

#18 of 97 OFFLINE   FanCollector

FanCollector

Producer

• 4,331 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 04:37 PM

Yes, I'd love to get The Bold Ones and especially The Outsider.

#19 of 97 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,161 posts

Posted May 22 2012 - 04:44 PM

I always used to hope Timeless would rescue Ironside from the mismangement Shout has given that title. That's *really* a forlorn hope of mine now, it would seem.

#20 of 97 OFFLINE   Neil Brock

Neil Brock

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted May 23 2012 - 03:50 AM

I always used to hope Timeless would rescue Ironside from the mismangement Shout has given that title. That's *really* a forlorn hope of mine now, it would seem.

Really, if you want those later seasons that badly, you gotta go Madman. I picked up seasons 5,6 & 7 at a great price in Australia. Unfortunately, they don't sell it as cheaply online as they do in their stores. Season 8 hasn't been out that long so its still pricey but hopefully that'll come down next time I visit down under.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users