What's new

The Lucky One - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Zac Efron continues to try his hand at more adult roles in this film based on a Nicholas Sparks novel, so you know there will be a lot of forlorn looks between the principle protagonists/lovebirds-to-be, and features a 1-dimensional antagonist who threatens to keep te lovebirds apart. Zac plays Logan, who has completed 3 tours of duty, and found a photo of a woman at the site of hot zone, and becomes determined to find her as he ascribed his survival to finding her photo, and indeed he is able to track her down in a small down in Louisiana. And since I am a fan of Taylor Schilling, and she played the woman in the photo, I gave the film a shot.
I actually liked how director Scott Hicks shot the film, some nice camerawork and choices to set the tone of the venue. The script has some cutesy moments, and has a cloying quality to plot development. All in all, it's a chick flick, and succeeds mostly in that genre.
I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks