-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Advice on HDMI to Analog Converter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 BraveHeart123

BraveHeart123

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 12 2012 - 07:03 PM

After equalising my subwoofer forever due to nulls in my bedroom, I've finally given up and decided to move the whole HT setup in the living room that is 18'x12' in size and has no obstructing objects between the listening position and where the HT would be placed. My gear is Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Klipsch SUB-12, Onkyo TX-NR809, BFD DSP 1124p, Philips 42" Ambilight Full HD TV, Seagate FreeAgent HD Media Theater+, Pioneer DVD Player. Since the TV is hanging on the wall mount , so, I don't want to move it from my bedroom. I have a 29" Sony TV in the living room, which I intend using with HT but it does not have HDMI input. My question is..... can I have the HDMI output from my receiver to the component input on my TV through any HDMI to Component converter?? The reason i am looking for such a hookup between TV and AVR is that Onkyo outputs OSD setup only through HDMI and it will be a tedious job to calibrate the system if I can't have the receiver setup on screen. I don't care about the audio part coz HT will take care of that.

#2 of 7 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,147 posts

Posted April 12 2012 - 08:47 PM

There are HDMI to component converters: http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2 But if your TV has a DVI input you could connect more cheaply like this: http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

#3 of 7 BraveHeart123

BraveHeart123

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 12 2012 - 09:52 PM

Will I be able to see onkyo OSD setup on TV?

#4 of 7 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,147 posts

Posted April 12 2012 - 10:49 PM

Will I be able to see onkyo OSD setup on TV?

If when using it you can see an image, then you'll be able to see the OSD. Some early HDMI sources didn't follow the standard being used today, so the DVI doesn't convert correctl. But if it does work, there's no difference between the two, they're both a digital connection. In any case, it's worth the $3-4 to try it.

#5 of 7 BraveHeart123

BraveHeart123

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 13 2012 - 02:34 AM

Thanx for help

#6 of 7 jharrisonmfsr

jharrisonmfsr

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted April 16 2012 - 04:45 AM

I have been struggling with the same problem. Thanks for the information.

#7 of 7 parthycat

parthycat

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted April 24 2012 - 10:49 AM

That should work just fine, and if the AV receiver is sending out the HDMI signal you shouldn't have any EDID or HDCP issues either.