What's new

Advice on HDMI to Analog Converter (1 Viewer)

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
After equalising my subwoofer forever due to nulls in my bedroom, I've finally given up and decided to move the whole HT setup in the living room that is 18'x12' in size and has no obstructing objects between the listening position and where the HT would be placed.
My gear is Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-52 II, Klipsch SUB-12, Onkyo TX-NR809, BFD DSP 1124p, Philips 42" Ambilight Full HD TV, Seagate FreeAgent HD Media Theater+, Pioneer DVD Player.
Since the TV is hanging on the wall mount , so, I don't want to move it from my bedroom.
I have a 29" Sony TV in the living room, which I intend using with HT but it does not have HDMI input.
My question is..... can I have the HDMI output from my receiver to the component input on my TV through any HDMI to Component converter?? The reason i am looking for such a hookup between TV and AVR is that Onkyo outputs OSD setup only through HDMI and it will be a tedious job to calibrate the system if I can't have the receiver setup on screen.
I don't care about the audio part coz HT will take care of that.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
There are HDMI to component converters: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011410&p_id=8125&seq=1&format=2
But if your TV has a DVI input you could connect more cheaply like this: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&cs_id=1023104&p_id=2661&seq=1&format=2

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Will I be able to see onkyo OSD setup on TV?
If when using it you can see an image, then you'll be able to see the OSD. Some early HDMI sources didn't follow the standard being used today, so the DVI doesn't convert correctl. But if it does work, there's no difference between the two, they're both a digital connection. In any case, it's worth the $3-4 to try it.

parthycat

Auditioning
Real Name
Parthenia
That should work just fine, and if the AV receiver is sending out the HDMI signal you shouldn't have any EDID or HDCP issues either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks