Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Head Phones for my iPad 2?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,384 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 12 2012 - 07:33 AM

I just traveled with my iPad for the first time and had assumed the $15 sony earbuds I've been using on my iPhone would sound ok on the iPad...Wrong. They were tinny sounding and if i had the volume up high enough to hear dialogue, the loud scenes in movies were too loud. Living social just sent me a deal for inCase Pivot phones for $32, Reflex for $42, and Sonic for $72. Any thoughts on these head phones?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,048 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted March 12 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have two pair that I live with.. a pair of HeartBeats  ( http://beatsbydre.co...pid=B6401&cat=2 ) which I received a month or two ago,

but my real set is a Denon Ah-D2000:  http://usa.denon.com...HD2000(DenonNA)

The Denon AH-D2000 are amongst the best I have ever listened to, they never seem to leave me wanting, and their response is fantastic.   Truly, one of those things I can sit in a room and work with these on, shut out the world and jam ;)  Excellent on an airplane as well.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 14,276 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 13 2012 - 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

I just traveled with my iPad for the first time and had assumed the $15 sony earbuds I've been using on my iPhone would sound ok on the iPad...Wrong. They were tinny sounding and if i had the volume up high enough to hear dialogue, the loud scenes in movies were too loud.

That's weird. Headphones should sound the same device to device.

I'd get another pair of headphones to try, to make sure there's not something wrong with the iPad jack.

I should give my wife's an iPad a try on this.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,424 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted March 14 2012 - 02:17 AM

I'm with DaveF here. I've used my B&W P5 headphones with both my ipad [1st gen] and my iphone 4, and there is no significant difference.

"Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,384 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 24 2012 - 06:02 AM

I just got around to trying out my iPad listening to some music and watching a movie at home in a quiet environment. The movie and music sound fine here at home with the same $15 Sony in-ear phones. I now believe the problem is a combination of cheap phones and high ambient noise on an airliner. It's easy to not notice the level of the engine noise when you're not trying to listen to something else. When I say "sound fine", it's all relative. There's not much range and certainly very little bass. A bit on the tinny side. They've worked quite well jogging and listening to audio-books and even music. For future travel, I'm going to need better phones, ones that will do a better job of canceling out the ambient noise. I'm still interested in recommendations for a decent set that would cost no more than $50-75.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend