-

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic 3D video camera compatible with other brand display?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Gybbo

Gybbo

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted March 05 2012 - 04:21 AM

I have bought the Panasonic HDSD900 video camera, with the 3D lens. I want to know if video taken with this camera can be shown on 3D tv's other than Panasonic, or will there be a compatabillity issue

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 05 2012 - 10:47 AM

Welcome to HTF, Ivor! While I can't answer your question, I think you might get better results if the subject is something descriptive, and not just your user name. Something like "3D video camera compatible with other brand display?" Hopefully one of the mods will come around and fix it up. Good luck!

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,377 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 05 2012 - 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Tannehill 

Hopefully one of the mods will come around and fix it up.

Done!

And welcome to the HTF, Ivor!  http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 05 2012 - 12:39 PM

I did a quick google on your camcorder and came across the Panasonic site. It said in the fine print that the camcorder was only compatible with Panasonic Viera displays. You have to save the data files to an SD card and plug the card into the display for it to play back. This is even though I suspect that the video is saved in the standard "side-by-side" format, which at least my Mits 3DTV can handle. I wonder if you saved the data files on a USB stick and plugged it into the USB port of a Mits if it would play back?

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Gybbo

Gybbo

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 14 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for your reply - I have not as yet got a 3D TV as my Sony HD is not quite 12 months old. A friend got me the 3D lens on special offer when he bought his Panasonic 3D TV, which I can use to show any films I take, but I would prefer my own. There are so many 3D TV's available in the market place, at varying prices - I am on a budget. What is Mits? I have not come across this before.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,515 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted May 14 2012 - 09:56 AM

Sorry for the abbreviation, Mits is Mitsubishi, maker of DLP and LED televisions. I got one last year that is 3D capable with DLP-link glasses and a 3D blu-ray player.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Gybbo

Gybbo

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted May 15 2012 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for that - I'll check the 'Mits' out when ready to buy.